Sunday, April 09, 2006

I just wrote an entire blog but somehow it didn't publish, maybe it was too long. :) I will write a short version. I started my new calling today...primary music leader!!! YEAH!!! I am so excited and nervous because I have to fill some pretty big shoes (the leader before me was INCREDIBLE). I know that I am not her and I lack in her musical skills but I do not that I do not lack in my love for the children. Most of them I have taught in either CTR5 or Cub Scouts. I did okay today, not my best, but I know that each week it will get better and easier as I get more comfortable singing in front of them, learning how to get them to sing, and getting in my groove.

I love Primary music SOOOO.... much! The spirit bears such a powerful witness of the words that are sung. In sr. primary, I had the kids stand up and sing "Does Jesus Really Live Again". It was incredible looking into their innocent faces and hearing them sing like angels about their Savior. It brought me to tears. I feel so humbled teaching them when in fact, through the spirit that they bring to the music, they teach me how to be like Him of whom the song testifies of. I have such a strong testimony of the power of music. It can touch hearts and testify in a way that nothing else can.

5 comments:

becky said...

I didn't know that you had a new calling! When primary children sing the veil in inded thin and you feel like you are in heaven. The power of music is so powerful for good and evil, and the good is incredible.

becky said...

Oops I just re-read my post and realized that I lost an "E" in my spelling of indeed :D

becky said...

yes, the power of music is incredible. The Spirit can be felt soo strongly with music. There's a quote that says something like this: When words fail, music speaks.

Katie Bear said...

oops, that last comment was from me, not mom!

Andrea said...

I am so excited for you getting a new calling! All that worrying for nothing! I know you are going to be amazing. I think you were made for that calling!

P.S. - Can't wait to see you in 35 days!

Blog Archive