Friday, April 21, 2006

I put an ad up on the Gates Four Bulletin last week for tutoring. I got 2 calls today. One is for a boy who is struggling with 5th grade math. I am a little bit nervous about tutoring math since that is not one of my strengths. I got an A in the first elementary ed. math class and a B in the 2nd one, but I am still a little bit nervous since I will be helping him with geometry, angles, and fractions. I know that I can do it, but I think I am going to be doing some studying on my own also.

I took Katelund and Cloey to the park yesterday and we had a picnic lunch together. It was really fun. While Katelund was playing on the playground, she was going through the tunnel and sticking her little face out of the holes. She would stick her head out and say, "mommy, I love you" and then blow me a kiss. All of the other moms that were at the park were all saying "ohhhhh, how cute". It was adorable. It is nice every once in a while to have other moms adoring my child instead of protecting their own from my daughter. What can I say, I have a little tomboy.

One of Katelund's best friends right now is one of my little CTR 5 boys. His name is James. I think Katelund has a crush on him. His mom and I hang out a lot so they play together quite often. She gets so excited when she sees him. Her other best friend is still Bethany. Her and Bethany are quite clickish in nursery. All of the other moms think they are so cute together but they are worried about how they are going to be as they grow up because they are kindof snobby together and they get jealous when other kids play with the other one. It is pretty funny. They walk the halls holding hands and telling the boys to chase them. I think I am in for trouble in a couple of years.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

[great job on the spacing! he he]
So what was the other tutoring call for? I'm sure you'll do great at the math, even if you don't feel confident.

becky said...

Katelund clickish!!!! She sounds just like her mom. I didn't realize how clickish you and Angela were until you told me a few years ago. Good luck with that. It seems anyone who has a best friend like Katie and Margaret or you and Angela or Katelund and Bethany are going to be considered clickish and complained about by the moms of the other kids. Good luck. I'm not bitter even though it sounds that way, I've just had my fill of the issue.

Blog Archive