Monday, April 03, 2006

Unfortunately, the weekend is over. I really hate to see general conference come to an end. I was so uplifted and of course I have discovered many new ways that I need to improve. I loved the talk by Elder Ballard about creating a gospel sharing home. I loved how he said that this is not a program but a way of life. I was also very amazed by his prophecy that if we have gospel sharing homes then we will fill our sacrament meetings, lessons, and cultural halls. What an awesome promise. Another one of my favorite talks, by David R. Stone, was about creating Zion in the midst of Babylon. My favorite line in this talk was, "Seduced by our culture we hardly acknowledge our idolatry as our strings are pulled by Babylon." I think that there are many things that I need to introspectively consider as things that are hindering me from creating Zion in my own home. I also loved when he talked about courage and the kind of courage that it takes to create our own standards. The last talk that I want to write about was probably my very favorite one. It was Elder Bednar's talk on the Holy Ghost. What an amazing talk!!! Recognizing and responding to the Holy Ghost is something that I pray for continually. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost because I know that as a mother I would be lost without it. There are so many different experiences I have had as a mother and a wife where the Holy Ghost has directed me towards or steered me away from what I should or should not do. What an awesome gift that God has given to us, especially the fact that each week during the Sacrament as we approach the Lord with a remission of our sins and a stronger commitment to take His name upon us for the following week, we are able to have the promise that the Holy Ghost will ALWAYS be with us. One more thing to end this LONG entry. My favorite quote of all of conference was; "In the home, the armor of truth should be tailor fit to the characteristics of each child" (Richard G. Scott). I LOVE conference, I LOVE the prophet, and I LOVE the gospel of Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Katie Bear said...

yay! you've joined! I enjoyed reading your thoughts about conference. Those first two were favorites of mine as well. Conference is so amazing!

Andrea said...

I enjoyed reading your novel about conference! :) Just kidding. I really did enjoy the refresher (ya know, since I can't remember what I listened to yesterday).

becky said...

You have such a beautiful way of expressing yourself and your feelings. I loved conference also. I feel like I fill our home with the spirit just by having the volume turned up and the music and talks sounding through the house.

Blog Archive