Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I am finally drug free!!! I have been on some narcotics the last couple of days because of an incredibly painful toothache. Luckily, after not going to the dentist for 6 years, Dr. Catlett (my stake president) told me how blessed I am because I came in just in time to save my tooth with a root canal AND I have no other cavities or problems with any of the rest of my teeth. I consider myself very blessed. I am so glad that I pay my tithing. :) I got the first stage of my root canal completed yesterday. The rest will be completed in June. I am a whole new women now that my tooth isn't consuming my every thought.
Last night I went to the gym with my friend Deborah and Cory took us through all of the weight machines and taught us how to use each one (he goes every morning at 4:50 to lift weights with a friend from work). After going through my 3 sets of 10 on about 6 or 7 machines, I realized how incredibly weak I am. I am going to start toning with weights 3 days of the week and then I'll run a short run. The other 3 days I will do my long runs. I'm hoping that the weight lifting will help me build up my endurance and strength for the long distance runs. When I was lifting on the military press machine, I could only lift the bar (20 lbs). How pathetic is that?
So are you all getting excited for me to come? I can hardly wait. I am going to have to stay busy because I am really feeling nervous about leaving Katelund. I am sure that Cloey is going to love all the extra attention that I will be able to give her.
So how was everyone's Easter? Mine was great although I was only half there because I was on codeine all day. I love Easter and I love spring. I am sad to see it come to a close as summer peaks around the corner. I think that this summer is going to be a lot of fun though. I am hoping that I get some tutoring jobs for the summer. I am posting an ad up on the Gates Four Bulletin. Well I love you all so much. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the gospel and the great plan of happiness. What happiness comes to me in knowing that because of our Savior we can also overcome death and once again become re-united with our spirit and body. As I have been reading and memorizing the Living Christ, I have had such a powerful witness, through the Holy Ghost, that Jesus Christ really is the Risen Lord and that one day we will also feel the nailprints in his hands and we will be witnesses of the prophetic statement that every knee will bow and tongue confess that he truly is the Messiah, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. And hopefully, "when we see Him we will know Him because we will be like Him" (that is one of my favorite scriptures.) I love you all so much!!!! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Katie Bear said...

Wow, a root canal does NOT sound fun. Speaking of, I have a dentist appointment this Thursday! I'm excited. I know that sounds weird, but I'm excited. Thanks to Apple, I have become a mouth freak. I mean, I actually floss now. I can't look at a person without looking at their teeth. Anyways, good luck with the weights and stuff. I'm sooo excited for you to come visit!!! I can't even imagine how grown up Cloey will be!

Andrea said...

So, I'm not sure which part of that novel to comment on, but... you are definately blessed with the whole tooth situation. I just hope that when I finally go to the dentist I will be as blessed as you (minus the root canal, of course)!

It's funny, working at Apple made me a mouth freak, also. But it's kind of worn off. Now I guess I'm a kid-freak, scrapbook-freak, picture-freak. But not so much a mouth-freak any more! Hmm.

becky said...

Hey! you can just bring Katelund with you!

Blog Archive