Friday, April 04, 2008

Cookie Dough Craziness

The youth in our stake are going to Nauvoo this summer. Each youth has to earn $200. So in efforts to help the girls raise some of their money, I helped organize a "brilliant" fund raiser... making and selling cookie dough. Really, I had no idea what I was getting myself into!!! We have 95 orders so far and we've only made about 40 of them. My counters are consumed with ingredients, my fridge is full of half-made dough, and the back of the expedition is covered in spilled sugar. I am trying so hard to keep everything organized. I've made spreadsheets and everything, but I am so consumed with it all that I have started to dream about cookie dough. It is taking over my life!!! AHHHH!! I don't think I am ever going to make cookies again, well at least not for a LONG time.

4 comments:

Amber said...

that's crazy!! you are so amazing. can i just have a little bit of you? good luck!

MANDY said...

oh, melissa, how did this happen?? do you have any help? i would be there if i didn't live 5 hours away.....which really isn't that far if you wanna visit sometime, but to drive down to make cookie dough right now just wouldn't work for me. haha you are such a hard worker for whoever you serve....(also, could you email me a phone number for you?)

Sherrie said...

From Grandma Tarbet,
It looks to me like you have met the cookie monster!
great conference.love you lots,
Golden Grams

Lisa said...

how about donations? can anyone sponsor a child to go? good luck, you can eat the dough with that milk ha!

Blog Archive