Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tagged Once Again

Wow, it is getting really hard to come up with ten things that I haven't already listed as "things people don't know about me". I guess I'm just not that exciting, but I'll give it a try.

1. One of my all-time favorite movies is Swing Kids.

2. My 4-year old daughter beats me at Wii bowling every time we play.

3. I have a crooked smile. For many years, I thought that I was the only person who noticed until one day Cory teased me about it. I couldn't believe that he knew, in fact I even started crying!!! It is pretty obvious when you look at any picture of me smiling. He thinks it's cute, but as for me....not so much. I'm okay with him teasing me about it, but nobody else better say a thing!!!

4. My husband is way more high maintenance than I am!!

5. I LOVE old people. One of my favorite jobs was when I worked at an assisted living center.

6. One time when I was 17, Cory tried to get me to sneak out to go to a party at his friend's house. It was about 9 o'clock at night and my parents were out of town. I told him to hold on a second and then I ran to Andrea's room (my sister who is 18 months older than I am) to ask her if I could go. She told me it was too late and so I told Cory I couldn't go. I don't know why I didn't just go and why I felt the need to ask Andrea, but I guess I was just a really obedient teenager (no laughing mom and Andrea).

7. I hate Monopoly.

8. I love card games.

9. I cannot stay mad for longer than a day and I cannot hold a grudge (even when I really want to).

10. I love change. In fact, I have to change up my shampoo/conditioner and toothpaste pretty frequently or I get so sick of the smell/taste.

Okay, I tag Laura Hutcheon (make her do it Dean), Leslie, and my cousin Jenny.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, where to start! I was laughing SO HARD at #6. I have no recollection of that ever happening. But I think it is HILARIOUS. But yeah, "really obedient teenager." We'll go with that. :)

Katie Bear said...

haha, obedient teenager? What is this, 9 truths and a lie? jk. Abby beats me at wii bowling too!

MANDY said...

Your smile is beautiful, girl! True beauty is NEVER symmetrical...no matter what the fashion/magazine industry says. I must say that you and I are alike in more ways than I knew.(I also hate monopoly and have a problem holding grudges.)

Amber said...

You are too cute. I think it's so funny that Andrea doesn't remember #6! I totally remember that. So hilarious. I love your smile, don't let anyone tease you about that! I love ya!

Rebecca said...

I like the new background color. It's so very spring!

Lisa said...

I didn't know andrea was only 18 months older than you. for some reason i always thought that she was several years older. hmmm.

Lena said...

Well, I didn't know any of those things (although I might have guessed about Cory's high maintenance)! I can't hold a grudge either but I love Monopoly! Even if I do usually lose. It goes REALLY fast with just 2 people.

Andrea said...

What are you trying to say, Lisa? :) Just kidding. It seemed that way because we graduated from high school three years apart. (And not because Melissa was slow. Because apparently I do everything in life early.)

And Amber - I have some crazy memory loss problems from before I had Abby. I guess it was the seizures or whatever. Fun, huh?

Melissa said...

Thanks Andrea for clarifying the fact that I wasn't slow. :)

Blog Archive