Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Confession

Okay, so I am just going to come right out and say it... I am going to vote for Barack Obama for President. Yep, that's right, I'm going to vote for a Democrat for the first time in my life. I'm not saying I'm a full blown Democrat, but I've decided that I'm not a full blown Republican either. I guess I'm just an idealist and I vote for whoever I think is the best person with the best chances for bringing about the much needed change in our worldwide relations, economy, EDUCATION, etc.. I believe that Barack is the best option. In fact, yesterday I did something for the first time in my life....I went downtown with my friend and we volunteered for the Obama campaign here in Asheville. I sat and called people for 2 hours reminding them to vote for Senator Obama in the North Carolina Primary next week. It was quite an interesting experience and I actually had a lot of fun doing it. I have never really been into politics very much but with the bad shape that our country is in right now, I realized that I need to get myself educated on the issues and make a stand. So that is what I'm doing...making a stand for the future of my children.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

wow! thats quite a confession i must say. i must say that i am quite disappointed in our candidates and i dont think any of them will do a good job. i think that these next four years will be terrible either way and our best bet is to wait for 2012 elections. pretty sad and pretty disappointing.

Beth said...

That's awesome. I have never really been into politics either... but I am definitely getting into it this election year. Good for you for making a stand!

Melissa said...

I think it's so hard right now, trying to decide on who will lead our country the best. Way to go! That's awesome! I am still unsure of who I will vote for. I have always been republican, but like you, I'm not crazy about our choice. I love hearing your opinion more, and I'm realizing how much study I actually need to put in this before I vote. Thanks!

Rebecca said...

Really?

Jen said...

Yeah...me too. So, I still consider myself a Republican (albeit a liberal Republican)...but I'm supporting Obama too. In fact, our state has a closed primary--you can only vote in the primary of your own party. So...um...Alex and I re-registered as Democrats! I plan to change that once the primaries are over--but I wanted to vote in the important race. And to do that, I had to be a Democrat.

Weird.

Amber said...

Interesting. Good for you. I'm glad your taking a stand although, I'm not sure how I feel about Obama. Although, I haven't studied them out as much as I should. I'll have to look into it. Good for you for doing what you feel is best.

Lindsey said...

Eric's younger brother is HUGE into politics, so ever since we have been married I have been more aware of politics and actually trying to use my right to vote. Good for you for being active in the whole process!

Blog Archive