Friday, April 25, 2008

Uncle Logan


Cory's brother, Logan, plays baseball for SVU. This week they had a double header with Montreat College, about 30 minutes from Asheville. We went to cheer him on. We got there just in time to watch him pitch the entire 2nd game, which they ended up winning. Logan pitched an incredible game. There were only 5 hits off of him the entire game, and only one made it to the scoreboard. SVU's coach said it was the best pitch gamed in all of SVU's baseball history.
Here is a picture of Logan batting. We were cheering so loudly for him and his team. In fact, I came to realize two things at that game.....1. I cannot have a son because that means he'll probably play sports and I think I'll end up getting kicked out of his games, I get way to emotionally involved in games where someone I know and love is playing (I'll spare myself the embarrassment and just leave it at that) 2. It was the first time in my life that I have ever been able to scream out "Way to go, BRO!!!"
What a proud big brother!! Cory was so into the game, in fact he couldn't even sit down.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Thank you for the pictures and for being there. Somethings are just hard to miss. I am so glad you were cheering him on however loud or obnoxious.:)
Love Mom by the beach.

Lindsey said...

How fun that you were able to see him! I have definitely been on the receiving end of loud parental cheering. I think it does more good than harm! :)

MANDY said...

Melissa, I'm so jealous. We havne't gotten to a game, and enjoyed your post a lot. You are too cute,though, worrying about yelling at a game. It just comes with the territory, especially to those who are fiercely loyal to their family

Blog Archive