Friday, April 18, 2008

Life Lessons

This week has been an interesting week. I have made some discoveries about myself and I have come to realize a couple of things...

1. No matter how old you are there will always be bullies, but it doesn't matter how mean people are. What matters is how I react.

2. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people (especially those who don't even have any children) try to tell me how to mother my children.

3. When it all comes down to it, family should and will always be #1.

4. My husband is my best friend.

5. I really do "need thee (the Lord) every hour".

6. Faith is an action word.

7. Service brings some of the greatest happiness in life.

8. Sometimes life is just hard.

9. My sisters are my heroes.

10. I have so much to learn and so many ways to grow.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

OK. That was a little less cynical than I was hoping for, but... :) still a good list. Love ya!

Dean said...

#10 definately applies to Cory! As far as bullies go, just guve them your lunch money and run!

MANDY said...

I'm sorry you had an "interesting" week....in the sense that it wasn't entirely pleasant, I'm guessing. But, I do understand the value of lessons learned and challenges to be endured and overcome. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ashlie said...

Hey Melissa, I think no matter how old we are, we are constantly learning about ourselves. I like that Cory is your best friend. It's so important to have that relationship with your spouse. I'm glad things are well with you family! My blog is now on private so please give me your address over facebook or something and I will add ya!

Amber said...

Wonderful lessons to learn. I'm sorry that it sounds like they were learned in "interesting" ways. Love ya!

Melissa said...

Just to clarify...when I wrote interesting I really meant it. It wasn't a bad week just a week full of different situations that were both wonderful and not so good.

Blog Archive