Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tagged Again...

My friend Melissa has tagged me in a new game of blog tag. I love blog tag because I love to learn more about those that I tag. So here I go...

10 years ago...
I was 17 years old and a junior at Martin High School. Wow! That time brings back some great memories!! I can't remember who I was into at the time...Taylor, Tim, Sean, or Cory. I don't think I was into Cory yet... I think he was still too cool for me. I went on a trip to New York City with choir, went to prom with Zack (I forgot his last name), went on some fun dates, had many sleepovers with Amber, Lindsey, Carrie, and Jennifer, and had lots of swim parties and group dates with our incredible Arlington 4th ward youth group. I am still wondering how I got so lucky as to have had such amazing friends.
(Here is a picture of Zack..?..., anyone remember his last name?)

5 things on my to-do list today...
1. visiting teaching appointment
2. Finish making the invitations for New Beginnings (pic below) and prepare for the Young Women activity tonight.





3. lift some weights (got to get ready for the cruise ya know)
4. do some laundry
5. read to the girls and have "school time" with Katelund

5 snacks I enjoy...

1. Moose Munch (from Harry and Davids)
2. licorice (especially the family pack Red Vines)
3. baked cheetos (the baked ones are so much better)
4. dark chocolate m&ms
5. fruit pizza

5 places I've lived...
1. Texas (Garland, Arlington, and Houston)--the longest amount of time
2. Rexburg, Idaho (YEAH BYU-I)--the coldest and most fun place
3. San Jose, California and Asheville, NC --the most beautiful
4. Apple Valley, Minnesota and Fayetteville, NC--where my girls were born
5. Highland Ranch, Colorado--shortest amount of time

5 jobs I've had...
1. hostess at Tippins (first real job)
2. orthodontic assistant
3. a nurse (I don't know what else you'd call it) at an assisted living center
4. water aerobics instructor
5. tutor

5 things people don't know about me...
1. I love to wear headbands.
2. I can always tell when it's going to rain because my knees start aching (pretty sad, I know).
3. I dream of being on So You Think You Can Dance (not that I am a good dancer, I just wish I was).
4. I am training a group of girls/women from church (ranging in age from 12-60) , for a 5k in June.
5. I am not the best person to tell jokes to because it takes me a little bit longer than the average person before I get it.

I'm supposed to tag 3 people, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since I have just listed 5 of everything...so I'm going to tag the following 5 people...Amber, Beth, Leslie, Andrea, and Mandy (and anyone else who wants to be "it").

11 comments:

Lisa said...

prom with zack? was that zack barton jill jacobsons husband? how funny! tippins was the best! those were great times. so fun getting to know you a little bit better.

Melissa said...

No not Zack Barton. Zack...I can't remember!! Maybe I have a picture that I'll post and then you might remember.

Beth said...

You look so beautiful in your prom photo:-) I didn't realize you really have lived in so many different areas of the country... how fun! Good luck with the race training. My friend in Chicago wants me to start training with her for an 8k in June. I guess I'd better start learning how to fun outside, not just on the treadmill.

Lisa said...

oh man he is so familiar! now this is going to drive me crazy, was he is our ward? hmmm...

Lindsey said...

Zack Parrish!! I totally remember him. Although I didn't remember you went to prom with him until I read it on your blog. Oh the high school memories we have! I think prom our Sophomore year with Cory and Tim tops it all off. I will never be the same.:)

Rebecca said...

I learned a lot about you! And I love what your invitations look like! Great job!!

to do the link things when you are making a post:
1.copy the address of the page you want to link to
2. in your post, highlight the word or words that you want to be the link
3. click on the green thing (looks like phalopian tubes) next to like the bulleting options, whatever
4. paste your copied address
5. that should link you.
Make sense? Try it out, maybe that will help.

Sherrie said...

Mel,
That card is amazing, I can't believe it is an invitation it looks like a keeper book.
Mom by the beach

Ashlie said...

Hey Melissa! I remember you loving "So You Think You Can Dance". Your prom picture is gorgeous!

Amber said...

oh, where do i even begin?? so many memories..."i can't believe you told him!!" I think that's the most classic.

I love the card. I'm so impressed. Thanks for all the fun facts.

p.s. can i talk you into watching brooklynn at my mom's???? :) jk, kind of....

Katie Bear said...

Fruit pizza...that brings back memories! Speaking of which, one time when I went to Jason's, they had some fruit pizza. I was so excited and told his mom how we used to make it at home, so when mom, dad and I went over for dinner a couple weeks ago, we had it for dessert! Good thing you didn't tag me. I was 9 ten years ago, I haven't lived 5 different places, and I haven't had 5 jobs...I feel so young...

Nicole said...

I feel so old. I will be close to your age now. How fun to find out all these things about you. Your card is sooooo cute. Andrea should consider hiring you for her business.

Blog Archive