Thursday, January 24, 2008

Modesty Song

As a Young Women (ages 12-18) activity for church, we had the girls teach the Activity Day girls (ages 8-11) how to take care of their bodies (i.e. personal hygiene, modesty, etc.) . I had the girls break up into stations and 3 of the YW were assigned to teach specific things. One of the stations was about modesty. The week prior to the activity, I went over some ideas of what they could do while teaching this. I taught them my version of the modesty song. (You sing it to the tune of "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"). Here it goes...

Reach, Rear view, Bend, and Sit, Bend and Sit, Bend and Sit,
Reach, Rear view, Bend, and Sit, Modest are the HOTTEST!!"

You reach your arms up to make sure your tummy is not showing.
You check your rear view to make sure that your pants or skirt is not too tight.
You bend over to make sure that your back is not exposed.
You sit to make sure that your skirt or shorts are not too short while sitting down.

The girls (of all ages) loved this song and so did I until...it hasn't left my mind for the last week!!! I cannot get it out!! Maybe it will be stuck in your head now too. :)

5 comments:

Amber said...

so cute, i'll keep that in the arsenal!!

jen said...

What a cute idea. Someday I'll teach that song to my girls!

Andrea said...

That's great! I love it! (Oh, and as a side note - Abby will be going to her first activity day next Thursday! Crazy, huh?)

Lisa said...

katelund will love gymnastics! it is just so much fun! by far one of the best things we ever did for Melissa

Jenna said...

what a good idea!

Blog Archive