Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow Day!!!

Just like all of the other states along the east coast, we got some snow on Wednesday night. We got about 2 inches, but unfortunately it was pretty warm yesterday so by about 3 (when Cory and I took the girls out to play in it) it was already melting away. They didn't care though, they had so much fun throwing snowballs, making snow angels, and sliding down a hill.



While our neighbors watched our girls and put them to bed, Cory and I took a trip to a nearby ski resort called Wolf Laurel (it's about an hour away) to do some night skiing/snowboarding. The last time I went skiing was back at BYU-Idaho, so it has been awhile. I was a little nervous about how I'd do but it was just like riding a bike, it came back very quickly.
This picture was taken on the ski lift. I had my coat pockets stuffed with beef jerky, granola bars, camera, i pod, neck warmer, and goggles. Can you tell? :) While we were getting this picture taken, I dropped one of my gloves and I ended up having to hike up a mountain to get it. It wasn't too bad of a hike, but hopefully I'll never make that mistake again! (it is so something I would do) :)
This ski resort is more geared towards snowboarders, so Cory was in heaven doing all the jumps and grabs. I just wanted speed, but there really weren't a whole lot of steep hills that were open so I finally gave in and started doing the jumps. We both got some pretty sweet air, but of course I never got a picture of it.

7 comments:

Ashlie said...

Melissa! I love doing new things with my blog so thanks for commenting on the layout. We've gotten SO much snow here as well. I've NEVER been snowboarding and only went skiing once when I was 13. Almost 10 years ago!!! Anyways, it looks like you guys had a blast though!!

Lisa said...

you guys looked like you had so much fun! i just love how the girls are so happy to be playing in the snow. and what a cute snow bunny you are!

Lindsey said...

Fun snow day! I went skiing once, it wasn't pretty. My roommate and I were having so much "fun" that instead of going down the slope, we kicked off our skiis and played in the snow off to the side. I am not cut out for skiing. :)

Beth said...

Mel,
I am so jealous... I have wanted to go skiing on one of the mountains ever since I moved here, but have never found anyone to go with me. I'm so glad you and Cory got a night away... and that the girls had fun playing in the snow! The house is coming along, SLOWLY, but will hopefully be ready for move in by the end of Feb :-) I gave Isabelle big hugs and kisses from you and the girls... I really think she misses seeing the girls too. I like your choice in music by the way.

Amber said...

Looks like a blast! So, you didn't go down any greens? Or wait...was it BLUE?? (Do you get it?) I hope so, bc I'm still bitter. JK. I'm glad you had fun and have friends that you can do those things for each other.

I love the first pic of Katelund.

Katie Bear said...

Unfortunately it warmed up?? How about if I send our cold and snow to you! I love that picture of Katelund!

how fun! I haven't been skiing in a while. Do y'all have skiis and a snowboard of your own?

Melissa said...

Katie,
Yes we have our own stuff. We got it all while we were living in Rexburg. There is just no other way to get through the winters there than to learn how to enjoy them.

Amber,
Don't be bitter. :) It was definitely not a green or blue though. It was a black diamond. The hardest one. You did great. What a fun memory (for me at least). :)

Blog Archive