Monday, February 28, 2011

Introducing.....Rosa Parks




Last Thursday was biography day for the 2nd grade. Each of the kids got to pick a historical figure to research. They had to make a poster and then give an oral presentation to their peers while dressed up as their person. Katelund and I had SO MUCH FUN getting ready for this. In fact, when I dropped her off into her classroom (it was a little hard for her to carry her backpack and a poster while wearing my high heel shoes) one of the other moms said to me, "Whew, I am so glad this is over with." The pathetic part is that I was actually sad it was over. I LOVE doing stuff like this. It is what learning should be all about.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm going to have to up my game on Avery's next project. That poster looks awesome! And Katelund is always so adorable.

Melissa said...

I love it!

Mary said...

we also did the biography thing and bella did harriet tubman both are great coinciders with black history month in february.

All Fun Family said...

She looks adorable and the poster looks great! I think I did a paper or project on Rosa Parks in school as well.

Carrie said...

How fun! I love doing projects too. :) She looks great!

Blog Archive