Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Random Pictures/Stories


I am seriously blessed with some of the greatest friends ever!!! One of my friends, Natalie, went to California for the month of December (her husband was doing an intense rotation in his residency) to be with her mom. She brought me back this delicious box of chocolates. She had no idea how much it would mean to me. You see, Sees chocolates was one of my Great Grandma Childs' favorite things. She would send our family a box every year for Christmas. The last time I had Sees chocolate was my last Christmas at home. She has since passed away. When I saw this box of chocolates, the memories of my Grandma Childs came flooding back to me. Oh, how I loved her and oh how I LOVE a delicious box of chocolates (unfortunately they did not last long).


I told Katelund and Cloey that I would sign them up for whatever they wanted to do in the spring. The top three choices were....dance, t-ball, or soccer. I'm pretty sure that their final decision is soccer, but you never know, the final decision seems to change everyday. Can't you tell from the picture how indecisive Cloey is???

This last picture was a great idea that I stole from my mom when she was here helping out after Hailey was first born. Each day that the girls would leave for school with their room clean and their beds made, she would leave a piece of candy on their pillow. They would get so excited to run into their room after they got home to see what candy she left them. I LOVE this idea!!! Yes, my mom is a genius!! So, I decided to start this idea up again. It's amazing how motivating this is for them. In fact, this morning we were almost late for school because Katelund was finishing up making her bed. It just doesn't get better than that. :) I decided to have a little fun with it and also make them practice reading at the same time.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Love that idea!!! Tell your mom thanks because I am stealing it too. I miss you Melissa!!!!! So glad you got me into this whole blog thing. It is awesome to still be a part of your life even though we don't live in the same town anymore. :) Have a great day. Give your family a hug from us.

Carrie said...

one more thing...sorry. Your hand writing would make a perfect font for blogging. Seriously!!!!!

Melissa said...

What a great idea! I need to start that today!

anna said...

I NEED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!!
Annagr8@aol.com

Crystal said...

I love the note idea! Also, http://sistersstuff.blogspot.com/ has a dinner menu posted every Monday also. It's always nice to get new ideas. I love the ballet and soccer pic. Too cute.

MANDY said...

I love that pic of Cloey, and good idea with the candy/reading reward. I need to try some motivating incentives around here.

Deana said...

I LOVE Sees chocolate as well. My mouth was watering when I saw the box. Love the candy idea. I might just steal it!

Mary said...

Last year Bella's teacher, who I adored, was a huge chocolate fan and she was asking me about See's Chocolate because she knew we had lived out west last, and because she had heard tons about it. so for christmas i ordered some for her. of course she loved it and their shipping is amazing with ice gel packs to keep the chocolate from blooming.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, may I have you email address,as well as Sherrie's? I've started a blog, but can't leave it open to anyone for safety reasons.
Sammie.keblitis@gmail.com

Blog Archive