Sunday, April 19, 2009

Transitioning

I feel like my life has slowed down from 100 mph to about 10 mph. As much as I love change and meeting new people, the transitioning phase is not my favorite. I spend my days dropping off and picking up Katelund from school, unpacking, making dinner, and unpacking some more. It is kinda getting old. I guess at least this week Cory will actually be here (he was out of town almost all of last week). I know that moving here was the right thing for our family, but it is still hard to move into a place where I can't just go next door and talk for hours on end with my neighbor, call my friend up and see if she just wants to hang out, or go to church and feel so much love for everyone there because of all of the wonderful experieces that I have shared with them.

It's just not like that...yet. I know that it will come with time. But, patience is just not one of my strengths. I am trying really hard to reach out to those around me and start the whole friendship building process again, but it just isn't happening as quickly as I wish it would. Cory keeps telling me to just give it time. I know and I will, but in the meantime, AHHHH...transitioning is just not fun.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I hope that things will get better.. Just have faith and in time they will.....♥

C. Leah said...

I hope things get better for you soon too. ♥ hugs ♥

Andrea said...

Don't worry. It will happen soon. Because you make friends easier than anyone I know.

Love you.

Staceroo said...

Moving is always rough for me as well. I usually have to give myself about 6 months before I feel settled. I'm always grateful in the end because I know I would never have been able to meet the new wonderful people if I didn't let go of the old wonderful people, but it's still hard. You just have so many lives you need to bless. The Lord needs to spread your goodness around.

Jenny P. said...

Moving is hard enough when husbands aren't out of town at all! I'm not very good at being patient either... it'll pay off for you though. You, whom it's impossible to know and not love. Hang in there. :)

All Fun Family said...

Be grateful that you are so social so the transitioning happens quickly. I on the other hand have still not transitioned into my new ward/home and we've been here for almost a year!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there....it will be worth it.
Much love

Amber said...

I'm with Andrea, I'm always amazed at how quickly you make friends. At times, I've been jealous of it...I mean I've been in Vegas for almost five years now and am just barely feeling like I really belong. It'll happen faster than you know bc who wouldn't want to be your friend, really?

MANDY said...

I understand your situation, Melissa. A little frustration and impatience is completely acceptable, you know? It's okay because I know you will feel it, move through it, and come out better on the other end...with friends and all kinds of good in your life!

Blog Archive