Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Lessons Learned...



These are some of my favorite people. I will miss these girls terribly!!! (don't worry...the pregnant one in the front is one of my awesome counselors...not a YW). There are a couple of girls missing, but these are the young women and leaders that I have learned so much from. Each one of them have taught me something remarkable....

Catherine...how to love life.
Olivia...how to be non-judgemental.
Amanda...how to believe in other people.
Grace...how to work hard for what you want.
Bristina...how to overcome.
Ashley...how to love family.
Amy...how to be a leader.
Megan...how to unify.
So Yeon...how to be kind.
Savannah...how to reach for the stars.
Rachel...how to find humor in anything.
Mary...how to pray from my heart.
Kristin...how to lead with love.
Amelia...how to serve willingly.
Sandy...how to face my fears.

I think that if I had to choose one thing that I learned more than anything else in my calling it would be how much Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. As I received inspiration and direction over and over again, I realized how incredible the gospel is. I was given the opportunity to not only be humbled as my weaknesses left me feeling handicapped and inadequate, but also to be given the strength and courage that I needed as I received divine assistance and direction...even in the very moment.

6 comments:

Kim said...

What an awesome example you have been in the girl's lives...and all of our lives! You're the greatest and will be sorely missed!!!

Anonymous said...

I know that Savannah will miss you.. I know we don't know each other that well but I just know that you are the greatest blessing for the girls and I know that your example will forever stay with them.. Good luck in tenn.. We will miss you.....

MANDY said...

Isn't it wonderful how every place we live, every call to serve helps us grow and learn more about who we are and can be? I'm glad that you guys got to be in Asheville for a while, and the next place will hold much in store for your family. Love you guys!
(btw - I just got a voicemail from you from like early March....just wanted you to know I didn't ignore it - my phone number was off for a month or more because I ruined my phone, just got my voicemail hooked up to a new phone. I definitely would have called you back. :)

Marian said...

and I'm sure what they have learned from you would take up pages!--M

janae said...

I guess I'm a little slow, but I just found out that you guys are moving. That's is exciting, but I must admit I am a little sad because you won't be in Asheville where we can see you every once in a while. We have some friends who live in Chattanooga and they love it. Good luck in your new adventure. I will be checking up on you through your blog.---janae

Unknown said...

I love this post. So thoughtful. And I love what Marian said. I'm sure you have blessed those girls lives so much. Love you!

Blog Archive