Thursday, April 30, 2009

AHHHH!!!

Really? Did I really say all of those great things yesterday about staying home with my children? Because today I'm about to pull all of my hair out. Seriously.

This morning Katelund woke up with a low grade fever and she has had a cough for a couple of days now. So what would a hypochondriac like myself do in such a situation? Decide that she has the infamous swine flu of course. To top it all off, I couldn't find my phone anywhere. And I needed to find it so that I could tell the YW president that I wouldn't be at the presidency meeting and so that I could call the doctor so that I could rush her into their office and they could confirm my fears. I was frantically searching my house all morning long. Then I gave up and started switching out the winter/spring clothes for the summer clothes.

Six hours later.

I found my phone under my bed (I had searched everwhere for it!!!). My kitchen floor is covered in ramen noodles and wheat thins, Katelund and Cloey are CRAZY hyper, getting into all sorts of trouble, and there are winter clothes strung all over the house.
Katelund is apparently just fine. Whew. Unless the symptoms of the swine flu include craziness, destructiveness, and fake burping and farting with her sister all day long (what is she learning in school anyways?).

So now they are both in time out and I am blogging out my frustrations.

Oh, and to top it all out, Katelund's filling came out of her tooth. So now she has a big hole in her front teeth. Good thing we live in Tennessee.

[ETA.....One more thing I have to get out....can I just say how much I don't like stainless steel appliances, they are impossible to keep clean. Okay, now the real reason I am adding to my post....the girls have calmed down, the hole in her tooth is not really that bad, the destruction didn't take too long to clean up, and...I still absolutely LOVE being a mom. :) ]

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like my day here.. Hope you are doing better now.. Sorry about the tooth.....

Stefi Patterson said...

Can you Bi-Polar just a little... lol I'm just kidding. I know how great you are as a mother and if anyone can handle the crazy, destructive, hair pulling attributes of motherhood, it's you!

Melissa said...

Yea, I guess I did have a bi-polar moment there. LOL.

Andrea said...

Whatever. That was not a bipolar moment. That was a MOM moment. :)

Rebecca said...

I love how well you can sum up my life!

C. Leah said...

Hehehehe, I totally know how you feel. :)

Carrie said...

I feel your pain and happiness...it changes that fast sometime doesn't it!!! I have heard that about stainless steel...that is a big bummer-along with all the other bummers you had today! Glad it got better. I call what you went through a "mommy meltdown". Not like a tantrum...more like you feel like your brain is melting from the steam coming out of your ears! I am sure you handled it flawlessly, as you always seem too! You are a SUPER MOM! I love this post because it sounds like several days I have had recently...okay could I ramble on any more...bye!

Jenny P. said...

Dude... are you already in a young women's presidency? Didn't take them long, did it?!

I had one of those days the other day too. And YOU, my dear friend, had nothing to do with it. :) Your calls were a welcome distraction.

MANDY said...

It's a good thing we have the capability to go from frustrated-like-crazy to ok-that-wasn't-too-bad-let's-move-on? But, I'm starting to worry about what will we do when the kids are home from school full time this summer. I'm no longer used to long, consecutive days of little girl drama and sibling rivalry. I'll pray for you if you pray for me...:)

janae said...

Being a mom is the craziest thing I have ever done.---janae

Tricia said...

I love Carrie's description of Mommy Meltdown. Your post is hilarious! (Not to downplay the emotional roller coaster of it all...) Glad you all survived...and without the Swine Flu.

Nicole said...

Hang in there. We all feel your pain and frustations. If we didn't have the bad days we couldn't appreciate the good ones. Just know you are not alone.

Blog Archive