Thursday, May 29, 2008

Relief

Tuesday was a really scary day for me. For the first time in three pregnancies I actually had something abnormal happen to me....I started bleeding. Of course I only imagined the worse. I thought for sure that I was losing the baby. I called the doctor's office right away and they scheduled an appointment for me on Wednesday morning. It was the longest night of my life. Much to my relief, everything was just fine. As soon as I heard the baby's heartbeat, the tears came as the relief rushed throughout my body. They actually did an ultrasound as well just to make sure everything looked good. I couldn't believe how big the baby has gotten. Unfortunately, the legs were crossed so she couldn't tell if it's a boy or girl. Cory swears he saw a little "pecker" in there, but I think it might have just been the umbilical cord that was between the legs. Hopefully, we will find out next week for sure!!!

10 comments:

Dean said...

Glad everything is okay Melissa. Cory is seeing things. You are having another girl for sure!!!

Amber said...

I'm am so happy you were able to have peace of mind and that all is well with little "baby mann". Can't wait to find out what's really between those legs!!

We have our appointment this morning!! We've been lecturing the baby all week to cooperate with the doctor and OPEN those legs!!!

Lisa said...

wow! how scary for you. i'm so glad that everything ended up just fine but what a terrifying experience to have to go through. i hope that everything works out and you'll get to know for sure next week.

Lena said...

I think being pregnant is so nerve wracking sometimes! I'm so glad everything turned out okay. It's hard to think something might be wrong with one of your children and not having the control to do a single thing about it. I can't wait to hear about the gender!

Crystal said...

That is great everything is okay. Isn't it funny how so important all the little things become when you are pregannat. I remeber many times lying down and counting to make sure I felt the baby move enough and get so worried ifI felt they didn't.I will be checking to see what you are having!!!!

Beth said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that, but I'm really happy that everything is okay. Take care of yourself!

MANDY said...

I'm sorry you had to experience that fear. I know how it feels. But, I'm glad you got to feel the relief and that your doctor did the ultrasound. How exciting that it's almost time for ultrasound and possibly finding out what you're having. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything is okay! I started hemorrhaging when I was preggie with Jackson, so I know well the fear that you felt, and the relief and joy when you heard that precious heartbeat. Would you send your email addy to sammie.hitz@gmail.com I'll add you to my new blog.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad everything is okay. It's crazy how much love you already have for baby and the absolute fear when something unexpected happens. This happened w/ Mason and Brittain. Even 2nd time around ther was no peace until I heard the heartbeat. Can't wait to hear what you're having! Take it easy!

Rebecca said...

Glad everything is okay. Good luck with the ultrasound!!

Blog Archive