Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Going Private

Well, I guess I will just give in. I really did not want to go private because I love the fact that I have made connections with people who I have not heard from in so long. I feel like that is the best part about blogging; the idea that other mothers and friends can be brought together and share their fears, dreams, frustrations, celebrations, etc in a supportive way. I never thought I would have to go private because someone, who I don't really know personally (but I do know and love his family), has felt the need to not "hurt my feelings" but to step over a line when he began to question my values and morals and also to consider me "on a dangerous slope" because of my political views. I'm not saying that I have it all right, and I really am all about learning from others, but I just feel like there are better ways to do it.

Anyways, back to my intent for this post, for those who would like to read my blog once it becomes private, I have enabled the "moderate comments" option and so once you comment and tell me that you want to be on my allowed readers list by leaving me your email address, then it will send your comment to my email and nobody else will see your email address. I know that there are those of you who read my blog but do not make comments, I also know that there are those of you out there that may not know me but have found me through another link (I know because I think we all do it), please let me know if you want to be included, I'm all about meeting new friendly bloggers and I don't want anyone to feel excluded (unless your not going to be nice) :). For those of you who are not familiar with the blogging lingo (i.e. Grandma), all you have to do is click here and you can create your own free, easy, and quick google account so that you can leave me a comment with your email address. I will officially be private next Wednesday. I hope this all makes sense. I am so sorry that I am having to do this, I'm not trying to be petty, I just feel like this is what I should do and I've considered going private for some time now anyways. Jeff and Mark, no hard feelings, just know that I think it would be best to post your political opinions on your own friend's/family's blogs. :) Or, Jeff, since you feel so passionate about politics maybe you should run for office and really get your opinions out there for all too hear.

No comments:

Blog Archive