Friday, May 16, 2008

"Husband Tag "

I've had a couple of friends who have done this on their blog and I thought it was so fun to read because I don't know their husbands at all. You always hear about me and my children and really Cory is the most important person in my life and so I thought I'd let all of you get to know him a little better. So here I go...

What is his name? Cory


How long have you been together? We have been married for 8 years in August.


How did you meet? I moved to Arlington when I was 14 and he was in the ward we moved into, the Arlington 4th ward. After my first Sunday at church, I came home and told my parents that of all the boys in the ward the cutest ones were the Mann boys; Cory, Sean, and Richard (their cousin who was living with them). Cory wanted nothing to do with a youngin' like myself, besides he was too involved in all of his other girlfriends. So... I decided that he was a jerk because he paid no attention to me for a couple of years.


How long did you date? We started dating when I was 16. In fact, one of our first dates was his senior prom. He went on a mission about 7 months later. We wrote while he was in the MTC but then once he got out to New Jersey he wrote me and said that he didn't want to write anymore because he needed to focus on serving the Lord. I thought my life was over....until I went to college and met tons of other boys that kept me distracted...at least until he got home. :)


Who eats more? It depends on what we're eating. If it is steak, shrimp, or chips he eats more. If it's fish, ice cream, or chocolate than I eat more.


Where do you like to eat together? My favorite place is Olive Garden. His favorite is Outback. But we also LOVE Mexican food.


Who said I love you first? He did.


Who does the laundry? I do most of the laundry. He does his when I am too far behind and he is out of clothes.


Who does the dishes? Me. He does help occasionally. He always helps when I ask him to or when we feed a lot of people.


Who sleeps on the right? He usually does, but right now I am because I am closer to the bathroom (a necessity when I'm pregnant) :)


Who pays the bills? We split them up. There are certain things that he is over and certain things I'm over.


Who cooks dinner? I do on weekdays and on weekends we do it together or he does it. He always cooks a huge DELICIOUS Saturday morning breakfast/brunch. It has become one of our favorite family traditions. He is an EXCELLENT cook!!


Who is more stubborn? Depends on the subject.


Who kissed who first? He kissed me first. He was actually getting pretty impatient though because I wouldn't let him kiss me for quite awhile. Although he was lucky because I made the boyfriend before him wait for 7 months before I'd let him kiss me.


Who proposed? He did. Do girls really do that? Not this girl.


Who has more siblings? him- 2 amazing brothers and 2 beautiful sisters


Who wears the pants? Again, depends on the subject.


Where do you fit in birth order? I'm the middle child and he's the oldest.


Who is older? He is by 2 years.


What does he do for a living? He works for a company called CBL. They own and manage malls throughout the country (and in some other countries). Right now he is the assistant general manager at the Asheville mall. He is actually in training to be a general manager which means we will move somewhere else probably within the next year or two so that he can have his own mall. Basically, he is in charge of leasing out spaces throughout the mall. He does a lot of traveling and makes a lot of deals. He is really good at what he does. I think he could sell ice to Eskimos. :)


Where is he from? Born in Utah, lived in Missouri for a couple of years and then moved to Texas.


What does he like to do? He loves any and every sport known to man. In high school, he went to state in swimming. In fact, I always tell him that I fall in love all over again every time I watch him swim the butterfly. He lives to play basketball every Thursday and he has worked really hard to get a pretty big group that goes each week. He loves to play with his girls (all three of us)!!! He loves to golf, shoot guns, camp, run (well I don't know if he likes running, but he does it anyway), travel, play games, snowboard, snowmobile, sing (in the shower especially) :), be in charge, laugh, watch movies, pack :) (he is really OCD when it comes to packing, but that is a story in itself), and just have FUN!!


What's your favorite thing about him? How much he loves life and loves people. He is just such a friendly, outgoing, and fun person. Another thing that I love about him is how romantic he is!!! He is also an incredible daddy. In fact, all of my great parenting ideas are actually his. I always tell him that it is too bad that he is not the housewife because I think he would do a way better job at the cooking, cleaning, and parenting. He's not perfect, but he has a heart of gold and he is the "mann" of my dreams. :)

7 comments:

MANDY said...

cute idea...you guys are great together. tell cory hi for us.

Unknown said...

that movie looks way freakin good

Unknown said...

It was good to hear from you and learn a little more about you, and your hubby.:) In two and a half weeks I'll have a hubby to answer questions about!

Lisa said...

you guys are so cute! :) does he get to decide where the next mall is or do they just assign him one?

Melissa said...

Both. They let him know if they are interested in him for a mall and then it is up to him if he wants to move or not.

Lisa said...

cool. that's nice that he at least gets some say in where y'all move. they try to do that with the military. every few years you are supposed to update your "dream sheet" a list of 5 bases that you would want to be stationed. but i dont think they ever look at them when its time for your next assignment. i like yours better :) hope your next place is great!

Lena said...

Aw- it's good to hear a little about Cory these days! How great that you guys got together! There are a bunch of Arlington folks that found each other aren't there?

Blog Archive