Friday, February 13, 2009

Time Out for Women

So apparently the title of my last post was a little misleading. My sweet sister-in-law, Stefani, called me yesterday because she thought I was announcing that I was pregnant when she read my title. Nope. I only wish. I actually have to wait a year until I can start trying again because the doctor wants to make sure that my body completely heals. Anyways....

I just wanted to blog really quickly about something I am so excited about that is coming up pretty soon.
TIME OUT FOR WOMEN!!! (If you click on it then you can go to the Dessert Book website and found out what it is and where the closest one is to you).
I am seriously so excited!!!! The one I am going to is on May 8th and 9th in Columbia, South Carolina. I went to one two years ago with a whole bunch of friends and it was so much fun!! If you haven't been to one of these you should go (you do not have to be a member of the LDS church in order to go or LOVE it). It is a great weekend filled with incredible speakers and amazing music. When you go home you just feel like you can conquer the world. The theme this year is Sweet Assurances. All of the speakers are focusing on how in the times that we live in where there is so much uncertainty around us, we need to remember the things that we can be certain about and that we can find joy and hope in. One of my friends, Kim, has asked me to help get the word out and find people who are interested in going. I promise you that it is totally worth every penny you spend. They even have a program for those who cannot financially afford the registration fee. If you are interested in going to the Columbia one, let me know and I will get you more information.

3 comments:

Dean said...

Hey Melissa! I missed you today at breakfast! Granted I didn't stay very long, but I haven't talked with you in awhile. Maybe I will catch you at church on Sunday! - Laura (I just realized that I really need to get my own profile!...If I only knew how!)

Tricia said...

I love Time Out For Women. I went in Raleigh, NC once and it was great.

Lew said...

I went a couple of years ago too, and loved it! I would love to go again...hmmm, I'll have to check out the site. Thanks!

Blog Archive