Monday, February 02, 2009

Stake Basketball Tournament

This last weekend was our stake basketball tournament. Cory has been working on organizing it for quite some time. It started on Friday at 5 and ended on Sat. at about 7. Cory was there the whole time either reffing or playing. He had so much fun! Especially on Saturday when he talked his Dad into coming out here and playing on our team.
Okay, so I may be a little biased, but I think Cory was definitely one of the best players at the tournament!! He played so good! He was throwing up three pointers, lay ups, and all sorts of other cool moves.
Here are some cute kids that spent their time running around on stage screaming and cheering for their daddies.
Here is one cute little girl and one beautiful grandma.
Another cute little girl. You didn't think I could take pics of basketball without my kids in the pictures right?
Cory throwing a free throw.
Here is the winning team. There were many other teams that were a lot younger, but I don't think that any of them had the passion that our team had. :) (okay, maybe CPod, MommyJ's husband, Ryan, and Leslie) :) Our bishop was so cute. He and his wife came to every single game on Friday and Saturday. So when they won the trophy at the end, they gave it to him.

7 comments:

MANDY said...

Way to go,Cory! And, John, too.....how fun for him. I know B. lives for his Bball tournaments....tell Cory that Brad would probably most definitely have made the drive to play with him - for next time, maybe....we've got one coming up and he's trying to get Logan and Becca to come play with him.

Amber said...

super cute post!! i especially love that cory was "throwing a free throw" instead of "shooting one"! lol. way to go boys!!! how cute are the girls? what a good pic of mom!

Sherrie said...

These are great pictures, I agree with you, aside from my granddaughters My favorite is the one of Cory and dad sitting together on the bench. (Other readers perhaps need to know that Melissa showed me that particular picture and commented that it was one of her favorites) It certainly brings back some wonderful memories and has added upon them.
Love Mom

Melissa said...

Amber, that is so funny that you point out the whole "throwing a free throw" thing b/c that is exactly what Cory said to me and teased me about all night.

Tricia said...

I thought it was the neatest thing that the folks came up to participate and support. How great is that! It looks like you all had a blast; even those not "throwing free-throws" :).

InkMom said...

CPod told me "some girl" at the scoring table asked him if he was CPod. "Yes . . . yes, I am." He said it was really funny. No need to be embarrassed but the next time we get together I'll be sure to tell you his real name!

Lew said...

I was laughing at the "throwing" a free throw too. You are so cute! The tournament was SO fun (even though we got spanked) and I hope they plan another one soon. I had no idea Cory was responsible for planning it! Tell him he needs to do another one soon (although maybe you don't want him to since you were pretty much running the whole show while watching a million kids!) Love ya!

Blog Archive