Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Day to Myself and a GIRLS NIGHT OUT!


Cory went to go watch his little brother play baseball this weekend at SVU. I didn't go because I had been planning a girls night out with some of my good friends whom I hardly see b/c we all live all over our stake (our stake is 2 hours from end to end), but we have gotten to know each other pretty well through the wonderful world of blogging. Anyways, Cory took Cloey, and Kate stayed here with me so that she wouldn't miss school yesterday. So while she was at school, I had a whole day to be alone and do whatever I wanted (and not do whatever I didn't want to do...like clean my house, cook, or do dishes).

It was fabulous. I went to a salon and got my hair cut, I went shopping and aimlessly roamed the aisles, and I went on a bike ride. I think every mother deserves a day all to herself at least a couple of times a year. It is so rejuvenating.

After Katelund came home from school, I took her over to a friend's house to have a slumber party while I met up with my friends at the mall. We shopped for an hour or so and then we went to dinner at P.F. Changs (SO YUMMY)! Afterwards, we went to Destinee's house to have some fondue. It was good food, but even better company. We laughed and laughed and then laughed some more. It was so much fun!!!! I felt like I was in high school or college again...except for the fact that I would've been WAY past curfew. I didn't get home until 3:30 AM....crazy right? Yes, but totally worth it.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

I am SO glad you had a wonderful night out. A great night out with friends is a true treasure.

InkMom said...

Love the new look -- very cute.

And . . . I finally got to sit at the cool kids' table!

All Fun Family said...

Wow, that is crazy! I'm pretty sur e I have never been out that late during college!

Ashlie said...

Good For You! It's always nice to have a night out with the girls and I'm glad you enjoyed it. You deserve it!!

Amber said...

Amen to that post!! I love that you got that time to yourself. Isn't it amazing what it can do for you? I'm so happy you were able to have a little break!

erin sheely said...

Hurray for a girls night. I'm so glad you had fun!

MANDY said...

That sounds amazing! I think I might have to do this sometime....any friends of mine here are also kind of far away, so it would take some planning. I need it. So glad for you!

Blog Archive