Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dreading and Anxiously Awaiting Saturday...

I have spent the last couple of days taking care of three amazing children ( ages 15, 12, and 9) while their mom has been out of town. Last week was exactly one year since they lost their dad. Their mom was finishing up her nursing degree and so over the last year she has not only been grieving her husband but she has also had to finish school and become the sole provider. Being a new nurse, she has had to work some pretty crazy shifts. Her kids have basically had to grow up pretty quickly. They are some of the most responsible children that I know. They literally take care of themselves, but that is not what makes them so amazing to me. They are so steadfast in their standards and they have such pure hearts. They also care and love one another in the most tender way. I have never seen a brother and sister be such good friends, especially at the ages of 12 and 15. It has been such an honor and privilege to be in their home and feel of their spirits, especially this week of all weeks.

As the days get closer to Saturday, I feel myself getting more and more anxious for the week to be over. This Saturday, October 4th, was the date that Clairisa was going to be delivered if she had not already come. She has been on my mind constantly this last week and it has been really hard to focus on anything else. It is amazing how Cloey is so in tune with my feelings and emotions. I haven't talked to her or in front of her about how hard the last week has been for me, but I can tell that she just knows. Today in the car she said to me, "Mommy I wish I could pray for Clairisa to come back to us." It took everything in me to not just fall apart because she said exactly what I have been feeling. I feel like I have come so far in the last two months, but during this last week time has slowed and my thoughts have been consumed with the words, "what if..." and "if only". I know that Clairisa's life was in God's hands and that He has a specific plan and purpose for her, but this week all I want to do is cry. I've just got to make it through the rest of the week. Although Saturday will be an incredibly hard day, it will also be a wonderful day because I will be able to listen to the Lord's prophets and apostles and I know that through their words, the Lord's Spirit will somehow heal and comfort my empty arms and bleeding heart.

5 comments:

Amber said...

oh mel, how my heart aches for you. I'm grateful that you will have Conference to help comfort you. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father will have a special and specific message for a heart as a tender and righteous as yours. I love you!

Jenny P. said...

I'll say an extra prayer for your peace and comfort this week. You DO have an amazing heart... even having just met you, that much is so apparent.

Stefi Patterson said...

Oh Melissa! How i wish I could just wrap my arms around you and Cory!! You two are so strong. I think I would still be a mess. I feel like I should be giving strength to you, not being the one receiving strength from you! You are so right, the Lord has a special message for you! As for Cloey's comment... She is just like you. Always aware of others and their feelings!

MANDY said...

Oh, sweet Cloey! She is obviously so open to the Spirit....she felt what you felt in her faithful sweet way. I Love you and am sending that love your way. Keep being the amazing you that you are.....I know the Lord will do just what you need - He'll comfort your heart and help you feel His compassion and love.

Deana said...

I just love having children. It is the best job in the world. They are so sweet and tender at times.They know when we are down or not ourselves. Conference will definately help.I always look forward to it. You are still one of the strongest people I know.

Blog Archive