Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two Very Different Girls...

After school yesterday, Katelund and Cloey decided that they wanted to go running with me for a little bit. I told them to go upstairs and get dressed in running gear. When they came down the stairs ready to go , all I could do was laugh hysterically. It is so funny how different the two of them are!! First of all I have Katelund who comes down the stairs with one of her favorite outfits on...a soccer outfit that I got at Goodwill. She also has socks, tennis shoes, and a rubber band for me to put her hair back in a ponytail. Cloey on the other hand, comes down in a black velvet shirt and skirt....and with dressy heels. I told her that she could not run in that but after about 10 minutes of drama and coercing (on her part), I finally caved in and let her wear the black velvet with tennis shoes (but there was no way she was going to let me put her hair in a ponytail). If you don't already know this about Cloey, she insists on wearing a dress/skirt, high heels, and a headband every single day of the week (or else she says that she is not beautiful). I promise that those words have never come out of my mouth!! I don't know where she gets it from!!! I wonder what Clairisa will be like???....About half way through our run, Cloey was done. I made her keep running but she was not very happy about it.
Katelund is a really good runner and she'll keep going the whole time.... unless she sees flowers. Then we have to stop and pick them. :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This totally cracks me up! Black velvet- such an obvious choice for running! And flowers are definately a good reason to stop everything! Have a great week!

Dean said...

Those girls always keep me laughing! They sure are cute!

Lena said...

lol, what a great post! I love it! Flowers are a perfectly good reason to stop. ;)

Staceroo said...

I totally love how kids come with their own personality. Mine totally keep me guessing! I think that is so cute that your girls want to go running with you. Great quality time and what a good example you are of staying healthy!

Tricia said...

What a fun jogging trip. Such delightful girls! It would be like Emma to run in an outfit like Cloey. She got stuck climbing in a tree in one of her good church dresses last month. Sheesh!

Jenny P. said...

that is so hilarious. I love the jogging in black velvet. My Lucy loves to wear dresses much more than she ever like pants. The only thing that has trumped the dresses is her new gymnastics leotard. She wears it all the time now.

Amber said...

oh, how they crack me up. cloey and her dresses is about the funniest thing ever. that's how brooklynn is about pajamas though. you're a good mommy for taking them with you.

Deon said...

Hi Melissa, I found your blog on Stacy's. I'm just entering the blogging world and am so excited to re-connect with so many people. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. You guys are in our thoughts and our prayers. My heart truly goes out to you. I love the running pictures, your girls are too cute. Our blog is www.MannyandDeonplus5.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. We miss you guys!!!

Lew said...

I love that your girls go running with you. What a great way to help them develop a love for fitness. I love the picture of Katelund jogging.

MANDY said...

How adorable are they! Bethany could outrun me, for sure. I love their distinct personalities....what fun to learn about who our children are and that we get to do it eternally.

erin sheely said...

Fantastic! Those girls crack me up.

Jenna said...

that is so funny. They remind me of Shanna and I-Shan would be the one in a skirt and heels and I would have been in running clothes and hair pulled back! That is so cute that they went running with you. I'll bet that is such a good example for them.

Blog Archive