Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Yesterday....not so good...

So really I don't want to complain everyday that I am feeling tired and nauseous, but yesterday was just one of those terrible, really bad, not so good days. We always say our family prayer together before Cory leaves for work, but as we were gathering together, I had to run to the bathroom to throw up. It was an omen for the rest of the day.

At one point in the day (after I'd gone in to check on my children in their room, that I had just spent an hour cleaning, and then found all the books, there's at least 50 of them, thrown all over the floor along with all of the clothes from their dresser) I went into my bedroom laid down on my bed and just cried while I thought to myself, "How will I ever survive with three?"

As the day continued on in a similar pattern (I'll spare you the gory details), I was really looking forward to Cory coming home so that I could escape and go for a run. So I went running only to find myself struggling up the hills, throwing up and gagging all along the part of my run that is next to the busy road, and then running my lame two miles in a pathetic 21 minutes. After I walked for awhile longer, I came home to find Cory falling asleep on the recliner (it was 7 pm). So after dinner, he went to bed early and left me with kid duty for another hour. It was one hour more than I could take. I feel the sickest at night and they wanted nothing to do with sleep.

As I laid in bed and tossed and turned I realized that I had been a horrible mother. I was so glad to finally close my eyes and know that the day had finally come to end. So here is to today, another day filled with nausea, but hopefully one filled with love, laughter, obedient children, and kindness.

8 comments:

Amber said...

I am soo sorry that you were sick!! That sounds awful. When you're pregnant no workout is pathetic!! Good for you for doing it. You're nicer than I am I totally would have woken him up!!

Lisa said...

we're all friends here. we want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. no judgements made. besides if you can't tell and vent to us who can you. i hope that you get to feeling better, and soon. :)

Amber said...

also, is it mean to tell you that i've been feeling fine?? ya, i think it is. but what's the joy in being pregnant together if we can't share and compare?? lol. i just had to tease you. i REALLY do hope you're doing better. love ya.

Katie Bear said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so sick! I wish I was there to help out with the kids.

Lena said...

Melissa- I followed a link from Andreas blog! Congrats on your beautiful family!! I can't believe you ran with morning sickness. You go!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Early pregnancy is so rough!
You'll not only survive with 3, you'll thrive! Having 3 is wonderful. You may have to sacrifice a home where everything is always in it's place (ha!) but it's well worth it!

Andrea said...

Any better?

MANDY said...

You know I wouldn't have been that nice to Brad. You are amazing, Melissa. Keep hanging in there. Love ya!

Blog Archive