Saturday, March 22, 2008

Camping Trip

Yesterday Cory got off work early so that we could go on a camping trip. We camped right along the N. Carolina and Tennessee border (the most beautiful spot ever). It was so much fun!!!! We actually bought the girls their own tent and sleeping bags. They were so excited. I was pretty nervous about bears. I was so worried that they were going to come out and drag the girls tent away into the woods so I stayed awake most of the night ready to wake up Cory so he could pull out his gun and shoot whatever was moving outside. Fortunately for all the living animals in the mountains, none of them came near us. It was a pretty cold night. We made sure the girls were really warm. I was warm as long as I was snuggled right up into Cory (he is my personal heater). One of the negative things about going camping while pregnant is that I had to pee so bad during the night, but there is NO WAY that I was going to get up out of the tent and risk seeing something moving outside or freezing to death!! By the morning, my eyes were a bright shade of yellow.
Cory had huge warm fires going the whole time we were there. It really pays off to marry an eagle scout!!

Katelund was loving the roasted marshmallows, although they usually ended up being only slightly warm because she couldn't stand to wait very long. Cloey didn't even bother waiting she just ate them out of the bag.
After our DELICIOUS tin foil dinners (thanks to Cory) and our roasted marshmallows, we just sat around and played, laughed, and sang. It was so much fun!

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love your hair! We went camping last night...must be something in the air.

Beth said...

How fun! I haven't been camping in a couple of years. It was so good to see you and the girls again last week. Take care of yourself!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Sorry, blogger went crazy on me!! It posted my comment 3 times & when I tried to erase 2 of the 3, it erased all of them.

It looks like ya'll had soo much fun. Good for you guys!!

Katie Bear said...

How fun!! Jason and I are going camping in August!

Jen said...

It looks like you had a GREAT time! I love the picture of Cory and the girls--that could be the cover of some Family Camping magazine. They look so happy!

Lindsey said...

How fun for you guys! I am very impressed that you went camping by the way!

MANDY said...

Awesome post....I admire your bravery. i haven't camped in years, never with my kids. And the night time pee thing is hilarious.

MANDY said...

OH, I forgot! I love your hair!!

Deana said...

The camping looks great. How did you do it feeling yucky and all? I remember how you brought me that wonderful slushy from Sonic when I was so sick with Kimberly. What a wonderful visiting teacher you were. I am so happy for you. I loved the pictures and cute proposal about Logan. That is wonderful.

Blog Archive