Monday, March 17, 2008

Locked OUT!!

This morning while I was getting ready for the day, the girls decided to pull down all of their clothes that were hanging in the closet and all of the blankets that were on the top shelf. I was so upset! In fact, I had to whisper the whole time I was getting after them because I knew that if I didn't whisper than I would definitely be yelling. They have been destroying their room so much lately and I have run out of patience! In order for me to bend over and clean up their room, I end up getting so sick and spending time gagging/throwing up in the bathroom the rest of the day. It is just not fun. Since they apparently don't know how to clean up their rooms I had them sit on their beds and not talk the entire time I cleaned their room, spot cleaned the floor, and magic erased the walls. After an hour, I let them choose a couple of toys and then I locked their room up. Yes...that's right. I LOCKED THEM OUT OF THEIR ROOM! I told them that if they wanted new toys then I'd unlock the door in order for them to quickly switch out their toys for new ones. It has been FABULOUS!! It is 6 pm and their room is still spotless! It's amazing how clean a room can stay when no one is in it.
You may be asking yourself, "What kind of a mother locks her children out of their very own bedroom?" The only response that I have is...."a desperate one". :)

6 comments:

Amber said...

that's AWESOME!!!I laughed so hard when I read that. I feel like my house is constantly a mess & I'm not really sick but I still get tired of cleaning all day!! I love that idea!! You go!!

I think my favorite part was that you whispered at them!! You are a better mother than I am. I probably would've yelled and lost it!!

Rebecca said...

We can't lock our kids out of their rooms, but we can lock them in. Sad but true. Their locks are reversed. Your girls' room looks great though, good work!! (I think my kids have a few messes you could come clean)

Jen said...

Brilliant! What kind of mother locks her kids out of their room? A smart mommy teaching them boundaries. Good idea!

Dean said...

You should try that with Cory!

MANDY said...

Brilliant! They'll learn from that. I also admire you for whispering.....I would have lost it.

Nicole said...

Way to go Mom. I love that idea. Hannah cleaned the kitchen floor and front room today and by evening it was a mess. She was frustrated and I said Welcome to my world. She finially got it!! Shes almost 11. Congrats on the new addition. Im so sorry your so sick. I can so relate bending over and gagging and then as you grow and bend over you gag cause things are so squished. I hope you feel better soon.

Blog Archive