Friday, March 28, 2008

It's OFFICIAL!!



So when I first found out I was pregnant, I seriously got morning sickness the very next day. Cory teased me and told me that the sickness was all in my head just b/c I knew I was pregnant. The teasing continued and he would tell me that maybe the test was wrong and I really wasn't pregnant at all. Of course I knew he was just playing with me, but as I sat on the doctor's table wrapped in my robe and sheet, I started to panic. I was seriously thinking in my head, "what if they do the ultrasound and there is no baby in there? What if it really has all been in my head, you know the mind is a powerful thing." In fact, I was about to get dressed and run out of that room to avoid the embarrassment that was sure to follow. Before I could make any final decisions, the doctor knocked and came in . It was too late!!

As the picture appeared on the screen, I had a rush of mixed emotions; excitement, RELIEF, nervousness, happiness, and gratitude. The tears started to well up in my eyes and my heart started to beat wildly as I realized that I was witnessing one of God's greatest miracles, the power of creation at work inside of me.

As I was showing the picture to the girls (they could NOT see a baby in there), I told them that the next picture that the doctor would take might tell us if it will be a boy or girl. Katelund said, "Oh, so we will be able to see if the baby has eyelashes?" I said, "Katelund, boys have eyelashes too." She thought about it and then said, "Oh, right." It was so cute.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

I always feel exactly the same way when we go to the first few appointments. It feels so rewarding to actually see it in there. Congratulations!!

stef said...

hahaha thats so cute!!

Melissa said...

Okay so I have to make a comment on my post because it is so funny. Katelund was looking at the picture of the baby on the screen and this was the conversation...

Kate: "Mommy do you think it will be a girl or boy?"
Me: "I don't know honey."
Kate: "Maybe it will be a doggy."

MANDY said...

That's too cute!! Kids are such amazing little thinkers, aren't they? I am very happy for you.....that you saw the baby, experienced that gift of motherhood - the sure knowledge that another spirit has been sent to you and Cory, and to the girls. How wonderful!

All Fun Family said...

haha, Katelund is so cute! and so are you for thinking you weren't really pregnant. and I'm glad you really are pregnant!

Lena said...

I love the things little kids think! Oh boy when Sarah saw me change Robert's diaper for the first time she was so scared for him because he had a tail! Okay, maybe that's TMI but it was hilarious...

Nicole said...

I am so excited for you and it wasn't long ago I remember seeing the "peanut" on the sono. It won't be long and your little miracle will be a beautiful baby. Congrats!

stef said...

haha ya I had no idea we were going to do that... I told Darin I wanted to go for a walk cause it was so warm outside, and thats where he took me. lol funny kid

Jen said...

I totally get what Katelund is saying (; In all the pictures of people that I draw, girls have eyelashes and boys don't. That's how you tell them apart...right?

Congrats cuz! It's a very adorable black and white peanut (=

Andrea said...

Abby was looking at the sonogram and said,

"How are they going to take it out? Like you (making a cutting motion across her tummy) or... the OTHER way?"

Melissa said...

"the OTHER way"

Blog Archive