Friday, March 07, 2008

Top 5 reasons (of the week) why I have the BEST family ever...

1. Cory took the kids last night to basketball (without any hinting from me) so that I could have the whole night to myself and my book (One of the best books I've read--Redeeming Love). Then he called me half way through the night to make sure I was feeling okay and to see if I needed anything.
2. As I was hanging my head over the toilet bowl on Tuesday, Cloey came into the bathroom and said, "Mommy, I'm just going to be right here by you."
3. Katelund helping me out by putting her clean clothes away and giving me a good laugh at the same time. If you look at the picture below you will see the dilemma she had. The pants and skirts go in the bottom drawer and her shirts go in the one above that. I asked her why her overalls where hanging out of the drawers and she said, "Mommy I didn't know which drawer to put them in because they have pants and kindof a shirt too, So I put them in both drawers."

4. Having a wonderful sister who calls and checks on me everyday and reminds me that my house doesn't have to look perfect...AND a mom who found and ordered me the cutest maternity skirt and top for Katie's wedding.
5. Yesterday afternoon I got a text from Amber that told me to not make any dinner plans because she was having something delivered at 6. Sure enough at 6 o'clock the Papa Johns pizza guy shows up with 2 pizzas and a box of bread sticks. Seriously?? Who thinks to do something so thoughtful like calling from Las Vegas to take care of dinner for her sister-in-law in North Carolina? I couldn't believe it!!

I am seriously in such awe of my family, extended and all! I am truly blessed!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! What a great post and a great family. That was an awesome idea on Amber's part. I have ordered pizza online before but I have never thought to send it to someone else!

Lindsey said...

Katelund is so funny! How nice of Amber to do that for you. I am so glad to have you both as such good friends. We need to have a Texas reunion someday soon!

Lisa said...

that is so cute. i love the laundry problem. what a cutie pie! i'm glad to hear that everyone is taking such good care of you when i am sure that you are always taking such good care of everyone else.

Amber said...

You TOTALLY deserve. Actually, I can't think of anyone that deserves it more. I'm glad that you were able to have some alone time. Isn't it amazing how therapeutic that can be?? I laughed so hard with Katelund and her laundry!! But, seriously, how smart is that?? I'm glad you enjoyed the pizza.

I love ya!

MANDY said...

Points for Corey and your little angels! I'm glad you are in such a great family, too. You are definitely blessed.

Blog Archive