Friday, May 04, 2007

Regret

I am finding, as I get older, that some of the things that I have done that I swore I would never regret, I am regretting. One of those regrets that has really been on my mind lately is not going to my graduation. At the time, I was big and pregnant and I didn't think that it would be worth the money to make a trip all the way back to Idaho. I didn't think that walking across a stage was that big of a deal, but I am now finding myself filled with regret. It's not that I needed the recognition of an entire stadium filled with people, it is the fact that I don't have that final culminating event to celebrate such an accomplishment as one of my memories. I don't have pictures of me in my cap and gown to show my children and grandchildren one day as I encourage them to continue their own education. I know that it is really not that big of a deal, but for whatever reason, I am just wishing I would have made the sacrifice. I guess that I will just have to get another degree. :)

2 comments:

Katie Bear said...

you know, we could always have our own little graduation party for you! We could dress you up in a cap and gown (my high school one), and take pictures, eat cake, and such. then you could scrapbook it and show everyone!

Sherrie said...

Melissa,
KAtie's idea is right on! Do it Do it. IT's like when we took Brooklynn to the beach, yes it was Califonia's NOT Norht Carolina's. But she didn't know the difference all she will see if her day at the beach with Grnadma by the beach.
Love Mom by the beach

Blog Archive