Saturday, May 05, 2007

Girls Camp Fun


I am getting so excited to be a ward director this year at girls camp. A couple of weeks ago (right before I left for Texas), I coordinated a fund raiser for the girls. It was so much fun!!! We gave pedicure, manicures, and facials for $4 each. Me and my friend Janae decorated the back of the gym to look like a salon. We had toole on the chairs, pretty tablecloths, rose petals, chocolate dipped strawberries, truffles, a silent service auction etc... It was our "Girls Night Out" fundraising activity for the sisters in the ward. It turned out wonderful. Since I am in Texas right now, I wanted to do something to thank the girls for their hard work and to let them now how excited I am for camp this year so I made them these cards. On the inside I made up the following song to the tune of the primary song "Popcorn Popping". These are the words;
I looked on the calendar and what did I see?
girls camp coming in a couple of weeks.
Camp will bring us all a nice suprise,
laughter, memories, and sad goodbyes.
Camp just won't be the same without you there.
Pull out your grubbies and a fire we'll prepare.
It isn't very far,
very soon you'll see,
Asheville's girls camp is the place to be!

6 comments:

Katie Bear said...

that is such a cute card!! I think that is so awesome that you get to go to girls camp!

Andrea said...

I TOTALLY LOVE your card. It is SO AWESOME. You are such a COOL camp leader. What a great fundraiser!Love you!

Katie Bear said...

oh, and I loved your idea for your fundraiser! I know the women in your ward must have loved their pampering, because I know I loved mine!

Andrea said...

Me, too! Me, too!

Sherrie said...

Okay, the card is way cute and I can't believe you made them (well yes I can)for all your girls.
The card came at just the right time, I needed ideas for Mother's day cards and you got my juices flowing, what can I say but thanks again.
Love mom by the beach

Matthew and Shanna said...

Your camp card is so cute! You are so creative! I am also going to camp this year as my calling is the beehive advisor. I'm way excited!

Blog Archive