Monday, May 07, 2007

A Great Day

Yesterday was so wonderful. The only thing that could have made it way better would have been to have Cory here in Texas (I am REALLY missing him). It all started with Relief Society. WOW! It was an incredible lesson (thanks to Trudy Lethcoe). Afterwards, there was a short powerful testimony meeting, and then to put the cherry on top we closed the meeting with the song "I Believe in Christ". The Spirit was so incredibly strong. It was so wonderful to be around such strong sisters, including ones that I grew up with. I also loved sitting next to my mom, and my two incredible sisters. It was awesome. I missing being around them so much. It is really nice to all be together once again.

Sacrament meeting was also wonderful. Angie Johnson, who was at one time my YW president, bore a powerful testimony. Afterwards, I told her that all though I am no longer a YW she is still teaching me and in her testimony she told me the exact things that I have been needing to hear. Once again, she was an answer to my prayers. I will forever be grateful for my home ward and for the wonderful and powerful examples that surrounded me as a youth. I will forever be changed because of the incredible examples of the Pickerings, Sister Johnson, Sister McLain, the Harringtons, the Jacobsons, the Lethcoes, the Manns, Dowdles, Mullins, etc....

After church, my mom had a big family dinner. It was so much fun to have everyone together (except Cory, sniff, sniff). It was full of laughing, screaming, running, teasing, and great food. There is just something so fulfilling for me in being together as an extended family, and to think that it is only going to get more crazy and exciting as more kids come and Katie starts her family. I can hardly wait. :)

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

I can only imagine your mother's emotion sitting by all of her beautiful daughters!
Love mom by the the beach

Blog Archive