Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day
















Yesterday we went to Pisgah mountain for Memorial Day. We met four other families there and we had a big cook-out and then played in the river. We had so much fun! It was Katelund and Cloey's first time to go river rafting. :) We played and played until someone saw a copperhead in the water, and so we all got out. The husbands played some football and the girls all sat around and talked while the kids played together. It was a great day. As we were driving out of the mountains, we stopped at Dolly's Ice Cream where everyone got ice cream cones, except for Cory and I, we split the biggest banana split I have ever seen!! Although we had a wonderful day, I couldn't help but feel a little melancholy as I thought of all my friends in Fayetteville who were spending the day alone while their husbands are out serving our country. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity that I had to live in a military town where I saw the sacrifice, tears, fear, and pride associated with having a daddy/husband gone for 6-18 months at a time. It is a life that I could never live, but I am so grateful for those who sacrifice so much on our behalf so that we could spend Memorial Day together as a family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

--

Nicole said...

Your pictures are great. The kids in the water remind me of Montana. How can you get bad pics when the kids are ardorable and your background is beautiful. Don't think I would have liked the snake though.

Katie Bear said...

Those are really cute pictures! It looks and sounds like you had a great day. I miss you and I miss the kids! It was so wonderful having you all down here to visit. I'm so glad I had the opportunity of spending time with and talking to you, and the times I got to play with your beautiful girls.

Stefi Patterson said...

isnt kate a little young to be holding hands with boys? looks like you all had a blast! i wish i could have been there! maybe nate and i will swing by sometime!!

Blog Archive