Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Biggest Fan...

On June 2nd, Cory and I are racing in a 5k for members of the chamber of commerce. I am not a member of the chamber, but Cory is; so they are allowing me to race as part of his office's team. Cory went and ran the the race earlier this week so that he would know what it was like. He said that it was a lot harder than he'd prepared for; which made me really nervous because he is really prepared!!! I haven't been training for a race because I was taking some time off after my 1/2 marathon. I started training seriously again last week and so today I went and ran the course. Wow, it is really tough!!! It is in downtown Asheville, so basically it is mostly hills. It killed me! I have so much work to do in the next week if I want to have a good time. I really don't even care about my time as much as I care about keeping up with Cory. :) At the very end of the race you have to go up a steep incline for about 1/2 a mile. I was so tired of going uphill and I just wanted to be done and so I decided to take a 10 sec walk break. As soon as I began walking, Cory pulled up in the car beside me and started cheering me on. He slowly drove the rest of the way up the hill screaming and cheering me on to the finish line. It was SO CUTE!!! He truly is my biggest fan.

No comments:

Blog Archive