Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween in Review

I guess Katelund has decided that her favorite spot to throw up is in her car seat. She threw up there again today when we were on our way home from grocery shopping. I hate watching my kids throw up. I feel so bad for them and I hate the fact that there is nothing that I can do but clean them up afterwards and give them tons of love and comfort.

We had so much fun yesterday on Halloween. Marie came over during the day and we ran together and then talked while the kids played at the park. Then we went to the mall to go trick or treating. I have decided that going to the mall to trick or treat is a great way to go.

Afterwards, we went over to Marie and Ian's house for a Halloween party. We ate homemade pizza, Halloween cupcakes, and roasted marshmallows over a campfire in their backyard. They literally live in the mountains. In fact, you have to drive up a winding little road to get to their house. They have dogs that are in a caged area in their backyard just to keep the bears, coyotes, and racoons away. It is so fun to go over but it is quite the drive. Luckily, she is used to driving a long ways to go everywhere so she comes over to my apartment at least twice a week. I am so grateful for her friendship. Our favorite thing to do together is talk about the gospel and what we are learning in our scripture reading. I know that we must have been friends in heaven. I will miss her terribly when we move from Asheville. I have made so many incredible friends in so many places. I am so excited for the day when we will all be together again.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Do you guys have the stomach flu again? We have this week, but it's been a mild version. Thankfully. Sorry to hear about Katelund throwing up in the car. That stinks.

Trick or treating at the mall? Do the stores have candy? I've never heard of that.

becky said...

No pun intended Andrea. That does stink that Katelund threw up in the car.

It sounds like Halloween was fun, especially roasting marshmallows! YUM!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love toasted marshmallow and you.

Blog Archive