Friday, November 03, 2006

I can't think of a title...

Once again the sickness is gone and we are all doing great. I am so thankful that throughout all of the sickness, I didn't get sick at all. It was such a blessing that I didn't because everyone else needed me to take care of them. I have learned that once you become a mom, you no longer have sick days full of pampering and sleep. It is on those days that all I want is to have my mommy taking care of me. There is just no replacement for a nurturing mommy! :)

This weekend we are feeding the missionaries and a family from the ward. I have decided to pull out my china. I am so excited to use them!! I haven't use them since Thanksgiving at our townhouse in Rexburg.

Yesterday I had such a good run. I was listening to this song that Cory downloaded for me. I think it was called "Stay with You" by Goo Goo Dolls. It was the most motivational running song I have ever heard!! I listened to it over and over again because it made me feel like I could run forever. I am going to run my first race on Thanksgiving, it is called the "Turkey Trot". It is only a 5k, but hey I've got to start somewhere right? I was up to 7-8 miles back in Fayetteville, but since we've moved I had a month of sparadic running and now I am starting to build my endurance once again. I am up to 4-5 miles now. I love to run so much, once I get into the habit of it everyday, I start to crave it. I feel like it is my time to ponder, imagine, and solve all the problems of the world. :)

2 comments:

becky said...

I got your message on my cell, thanks!! I hope your dinner went well, what did you serve? I'm still waiting for the raspberry chicken recipe. :)

Katie Bear said...

That is so cool. You inspire me, Melissa. I am going to start running again. I have run only 3 times since I've been up here, but I'm going to try and make a habit of it. It's hard for me to motivate myself to do it most of the times, but when I do it feels so good physically and mentally, because you know you're doing something good for your body, and it clears your mind.

Blog Archive