Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Gratitude

I have been feeling such an overwhelming feeling of gratitude the last couple of weeks. In our family, we have made the goal to thank Heavenly Father for at least 3 things in each of our prayers. One of the things that I have been feeling the most gratitude for is the gift of the Holy Ghost. In my New Testament reading, I have been amazed at how much the Holy Ghost is referred to in the book of Acts. I know that it truly is the Holy Ghost that changes our hearts and opens our minds to truly understand the mysteries of God.

I often wonder if I have undergone the kind of true conversion that Alma the Younger experienced. There are times when I am reading my scriptures, saying my prayers, or listening to a talk where I feel that I have, but then there are other times where I find my faith lacking or my natural man tendencies taking over. I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father gave us such an amazing gift, the gift of the Holy Ghost. Without this gift, I feel that endrance and steadfastness would be an impossible task.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

who is "anonymous" that said hi?

becky said...

Anonymous is Grandma Braithwaite. Thank you for the reminder on gratitude, life is so much better when we are grateful. I often evaluate myself on my own spirituality, I'm grateful for all the reminders we get in church, in the scriptures and from each other that creates a desire in us to do good and be better. I'm also grateful for the atonement and for my Savior, without Him we would be lost forever.

Andrea said...

That anonymous was not Grandma Braithwaite. It is spam (the negative to allowing anonymous comments) - see the "I made an extra $2000 a Month Using this site!!" link?

On another note... I loved your post. I think that gratitude is one of the most important things we need to be. Because being grateful helps us remember the Savior, our Heavenly Father, and helps us avoid being jealous, unhappy, etc. Forgetting to be grateful can have a very negative effect on us.

Blog Archive