Friday, September 15, 2006

Just Another Day in Paradise...

One of my favorite songs is "Just Another Day in Paradise". Cory and I laugh everytime we hear the song because we swear that it is written about our family. Well, today was a perfect example of why this song is about us. It all started last night as we were driving to the church at 9 pm for Cory to play basketball with a group of guys from the ward (Cory was in Knoxville all day for business so he didn't get home until really late, so in order for us to be together, we all went to basketball). As we are walking out the door, we decided that Cloey would just go without shoes because we didn't have time to search for them in their diaster of a room but she decided that she wanted to wear Katelund's high-heeled dress up shoes. Then we notice that Katelund is walking out with one flip flop on because she can't find the other one but that was the shoe that she wanted to wear (apparently one of them is better than none). So we get all loaded in the car, and as we are driving away, Cory and I were laughing hysterically about our Expedition that continues to sit in the parking lot as a storage unit (a very expensive storage unit). But we are grateful for it because we don't have room for everything in our apartment and storage units are very expensive out here ($48.00 for 5x5 unit). We got home late, put the kids to bed, and went to bed ourselves (after I gave Cory a dang good foot rub). We woke up this morning to find that our new cable is having problems. Then after we read scriptures and said prayers with Daddy, he gave kisses all around and headed out the door to drive to work in our hardly reliable car (Cory thinks it's the fuel pump this time). Katelund decided she was thirsty so she opens the fridge and takes out a berry smoothie drink. As she goes to drink it, it spills all over the floor, fridge, and cupboards (and of course I am out of paper towels). Meanwhile, Cloey finds my scrapbooking stuff that I had left out from yesterday's project. She had found my stamp pads and was stamping her nose and our new kitchen table. Then...after bathtime (a whole other story in itself) Katelund was climbing over our couch (that got broken in our move) so she had to sit in time-out. After she got out of time-out she very sweetly pointed out to me that the gum she had taken from daddy's basketball bag was now stuck in the carpet. Although it has been one of those days, it has been great!!! Sometimes when I have days like this, I just feel like my life is falling apart, but not today. Today I am just grateful for our beautifully destructive children, our semi-working car, our expensive storage unit, our broken couch, our beautifully decorated table, Cory's wonderful job, our very own home, and....more importantly.... another day in paradise!!!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow. You should be in politics. You have a great ability to "spin" things! That's good though. How could you be sad or upset when you finally have what you wanted to so long (even if there are a few kinks)!

Nicole said...

Thanks for your perspective on life. It made me re evaluate mine. I hope things get a little better. With your outlook you will make it. Thanks for the inspiration. Keep enjoying those girls. Like my mom said one day you will blink and all the toys will be gone. So enjoy the mess!!

Andrea said...

Oh, and thanks. I've had that dang song in my head ALL WEEKEND!

Katie Bear said...

haha, that was a really cute post. I think you should make a scrapbook page out of that. Including the song.

Blog Archive