Tuesday, June 06, 2006

It is always hard to say goodbye to my family in Texas, but it is also wonderful to be back home again with my family in North Carolina. Life is exciting as we are all anxiously awaiting the honorable return of Elder Logan Ryne Mann. Amber is busy with teaching swimming lessons which gives me the chance to spend my days with her adorable daughter Brooklynn. She and Katelund are loving each other's company and really learning about sharing toys. Brooklynn walks around all day saying, "Zoey, Zoey" (her aunt's dog is named Zoey so she thinks that is also Cloey's name). Cloey is walking around all day trying to keep up with the other two as she is getting better and better with walking. In fact, it has now become her main mode of transportation. Tonight Grandma and Grandpa Mann will arrive. Vaughn comes in on Wed. night and the Elder Mann comes in on Thursday night. After that it is party time!!

I had some very exciting news last week. The boy that I have been tutoring in math for the last month, passed his EOC test (end of course math test). His mom was so worried that he was going to fail it. She was so excited when she told me. She said that every since our last tutoring session before I went to Texas, Caleb (the tutoree) has been asking when he gets to go to his tutor again. Isn't that sweet? Anyways, she wants me to continue tutoring him throughout the summer and also start tutoring his 8 year old brother. I was very excited!!!!

Last Sunday I had so much fun teaching singing time again. I love those kids so much (especially when they're singing). One of them asked me to go to her spelling bee yesterday. She got out the first round with the word "weren't", but it was quite an accomplishment to be selected for the contest. Anyways, for singing time I went and bought that magnetic fishing set that mom has . I put a number on each fish and we sang whatever song coordinated with the number that was on the fish that they caught. They LOVED it. I also taught them a new song. It is a new song this year and it is written by Janice Kapp Perry. It is my new favorite primary song (okay it ties with Scripture Power). It is called "Holding Hands Around the World". I LOVE it!! I listened to it on the internet over and over again on LDS.org. I was singing my heart out!!! Abby would love it!! I wish she was here so I could teach it to her.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I miss you... but I am glad that you are back with your family. You are having an entire month of partying! I mean, how many family members can you spend time with in one month? Please share some pictures!

becky said...

I'm glad you made it home. We sure miss having you around. I'm sure it is an exciting time at the Mann house right now, I can't wait to hear all about the big homecomeing.

Katie Bear said...

I miss you too! haha, you and your primary song obsession...it's cute! You'll have to tell us all about Logan's homecoming! That's so exciting!

Blog Archive