Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Last night in the car, Katelund completely melted my heart. She started to sing. These were the words she sang; "Someday I go to the temple and feel the Holy Spirit. House of God, I listen and pray." It was so adorable. When we came home at 10pm, she asked if she could watch a Dora. I told her she could and Cory looked at me like I was crazy. I told him that after her song in the car, she has me totally twisted around her finger at the moment.

Well today is officially the last day living at the Mann's house. We will be moving tomorrow to house sit for our friends, the Prasse's, for the next 6 weeks or until we move to wherever we are sent (hopefully Asheville). I am getting so anxious for Cory's meeting on Thursday.

Today I am babysitting for the Prasse kids, James and Gabby. Their parents are spending the morning together and going to lunch. I could not even imagine how hard it is going to be for Deborah and the kids to say goodbye to their husband/dad, Jimmy. He is going to Iraq for the next 3 months. Luckily, it will only be 3 months but he will be doing some dangerous missions. In fact, he has to try and blend in with the civilians there because he will be joining a counter-terrorist unit from Iraq in order to bring down some terrorists among them. Last night he came over to receive a blessing from Cory and John. Cory promised him in his blessing that if he would diligently read his scriptures and pray then he would be protected. When we went over last night he let me try on his bullet-proof vests and stuff like that. It was pretty crazy. I am so grateful that Cory has not chosen such a dangerous profession. I am also extremely grateful and in awe of all of the men and women around the country who sacrifice their own lives to protect others and fight as Moroni put it, "for the liberty of the wives [husbands] and children" all around the world. God bless America the home of the brave.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

HAPPY MOVING DAY! Hope all goes well... and that you stay dry!

becky said...

Amen to that!! How exciting to be on your own for a while. You might not want to give it up. I'm anxious to hear about Cory's interview thursday. Be sure and let us know.

Katie Bear said...

Wow! News to me! I really need to read this more often. I feel so out of the loop! Nobody told me you moved!

That story about Cory giving him a blessing and him needing to read his scriptures and pray to be protected made me think of the story about the serpant on the pole. "Look and Live".

Blog Archive