Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New Favorite Recipe

So I have this really sweet friend in Chattanooga who is an amazing cook (her and her sister's have a fantastic cooking blog called Sister's Cafe). One day while we were talking I was telling her how I had just had bruschetta for the very first time and how much I loved it. Then, somehow we ended our conversation with a fantastic idea. She was going to bring me over some of her homemade bruschetta and I was going to make her a fruit pizza to take home. Her brushetta was AMAZING and ever since then I have fantasized about it. A couple of weeks ago, as I was once again fantasizing, I decided to go digging for a recipe...after all, how hard could it be? I googled it, found the recipe that had all the ingredients I already had, and made it with dinner to go over toasted french bread. Holy cow. It was SO delicious and such a HUGE hit with my family, even Hailey loved it. So, I have basically had it about 20 times since then. I've served it on all types of bread and I've also kindof changed the recipe up a bit because at our house we LOVE vinegar. Anyways, here is the basic recipe I started with... 6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs) 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped. Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread 1/4 cup olive oil

3 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

That recipe sounds yummy!! I have to say that was such a fun trade for me! I LOVED your fruit pizza and ended up eating it on the drive home! It was too yummy to wait! Love you!

All Fun Family said...

Sounds delicious! If only Jason liked tomatoes...

Monica said...

Melissa, of course I know who you are. It was great to find your blog. I especially loved the marathon posts. We just got into the St. George Marathon which will be 5 months post baby - probably won't be my best but I just love the act of running. That's so great that your husband and girls are so supporting, it makes it all so much easier. I will keep tabs on you.

Blog Archive