Thursday, May 10, 2012

First comes love, then comes...

...marriage, right? Well not according to the commercial Cory and I heard last night. They said, "First comes love, then comes family." Really? How sad is that? Even in some silly little saying, they have to change it to be politically correct. It just makes me so sad. This morning as I was running, I noticed the front page headline of the newspaper that had been thrown into someone's yard. It read, "Obama makes history as he endorses gay marriage." I was shocked as I read it, but then again, not really. It's just the world we live in, the world that is increasingly becoming more and more contrary to not only God's law, but also to the very core and foundation upon which this nation was built. A people that sacrificed everything in order to have religious freedom, in order to build a nation under God and one that was indivisible. Those founding fathers who had such faith and hope in this nation, in us, and also all the dispensations throughout the history of this world, have all looked forward to our day. A day in which we stand divided. Divided in our faith, our vision, our beliefs, our morals, and our character. I pray that as the chasm begins to grow even greater and the division more drastic, that I will remain true to the faith that our parents have cherished. True to the truth for which nations have perished. That me and my family will firmly stand planted on the Lord's side of the line as we boldly and proudly support, reverence, and honor the sanctity of marriage and family. Yes, I am just one voice and my circles of influence are very small and may be insignificant. BUT...what if somehow one person comes across this post on my tiny little blog. I want them to know what I stand for, what I live for, and what I will defend until my dying day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said, Melissa. There is much controversy here in NC right now with Amendment 1 just passing. Anyway, it was refreshing to read this!

Anonymous said...

I really love your posts thanks for sharing

Blog Archive