Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Gratitude

Yesterday morning as I was running, I decided that it was time to change my attitude. It was time to start focusing on all the many reasons that I have to be grateful. Honestly, I think I just needed to start running again. I took all of last week off to let my body recover after the marathon...and because I was totally consumed with the whole moving thing. So now, with the help of extra endorphins and the amazing psychological change that happens when you start focusing on gratitude, I'm feeling great. Sure, my house is totally crazy and I'm not really sure where I'm going to fit everything, but at least I have all my girls' rooms unpacked, organized and looking good. I may not totally love my ward yet, but at least I have been asked to serve in one of my favorite callings ever...teaching Sunday School to the youth (16 and 17 yr old class). I may not be used to this CRAZY hot weather, but at least today feels AMAZING because of the storm that rolled through last night. AND...who wouldn't totally LOVE running around our neighborhood?? I took these pictures on my run yesterday morning. I love running along the side of fields, cows, barns, and horses. The smell used to bug me, but not so much anymore. I just love living in a place that is just on the edge of the country. I think that maybe someday I would actually like to have a barn. Hmmm...I wonder if Cory would give up malls for a farm? Oh wait, back to being grateful. :) I'm so grateful for Cory's new job. He is so very busy but loving every minute of it. He loves the company he's working for and he loves the challenge that comes with his position. I'm also SO grateful that I recently bought President Monson's biography. It is AMAZING...of course it is, because HE is AMAZING!!! Okay one more thing to be grateful for and then I need to go do some more unpacking. I'm SO grateful for my huge gigantic closet that is bigger than our master bathroom in Chattanooga. Yep, it's amazing. It even has a big window in it. Oh wait, that reminds me of one more thing (last thing, I promise), in this house I have converted our dinning room into another library and I'm so excited about it! I don't know why that is such a big deal to me, but it is. On that note, I think I'll go unpack some books.

No comments:

Blog Archive