Monday, November 15, 2010

Punky Brewster and the Tooth Fairy



This picture is not very clear, but I love it because it is so Katelund. She just has her own sense of style, and I think it is great! Most of the time she goes to school in some pretty crazy outfits, but as long as she feels cute...that is all that matters to me. I tell her that she is my Punky Brewster. Do you remember that show? I LOVED it!!!

When I was doing my student teaching, I remember one day when a little girl was drawing a purple cat. The teacher's aid walked over to her and told her that cats are not purple and that she needed to change the color. I was furious. I totally disagreed. If that sweet little 5 year old girl wanted her cat to be purple then why couldn't it be??? So now I tell my girls all the time that when they are drawing, it is their world. They can color and draw things however they want. I feel the same way about what they wear (unless it is too small, short, or the wrong season...oh, and if we are going somewhere nice).

Anyways, on to some exciting news. Katelund lost tooth #3 last night (yep, she is 7 and has only lost three teeth). She was so excited for the Tooth Fairy to come. When I tucked her into bed last night, she said, "Mommy, I just said a prayer that the Tooth Fairy would also put a dollar under Cloey's pillow because she really wants one and she's never lost a tooth." So of course, the Tooth Fairy HAD to put a dollar under Cloey's pillow as well. In the morning, Katelund ran in so excited that she had a dollar. Then after Cloey woke up, she ran in even more excited because Cloey had a dollar as well. I asked her how she thought the Tooth Fairy knew to give Cloey a dollar too. She said, "because Jesus told her." Duh. I think the Tooth Fairy may have started a really bad thing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word. I love everything about this post! What a sweet girl miss Katelund is. I love her style!

kristi lee said...

so cute! i think she went to the bathroom 15 times during primary yesterday to check on it.

Carrie said...

I loved Punky Brewster! Katelund's style rocks-she looks adorable! What a sweet sister. Tell her I am sad I don't have any more teeth to lose and to pray for the tooth fairy to bring me a few dollars too. :)

Rebecca said...

I love coming to your blog! Your kids are great!! Did you know Target sells a Punky Brewster DVD? (I saw in the black friday ad, in case you are venturing out, it will be on sale.) It is only regularly prices at $5!

gigs from home said...

Fantastic stuff! I must agreed with what you may have written, plus the data that you have provided will aid a great deal of people today available as well. Maintain the good quality work.

Tulsa County Courthouse said...

WOW! These pictures are so beautiful! Cute!

Blog Archive