Sunday, August 10, 2008

Perspective

My adorable 8 yr. old neice, Abby, who weighed 2 ounces less than Clairisa when she was born, took this picture of me when I was in Texas. It is funny how at the time I hated this picture but I just couldn't erase it from my camera. Today when I look at this picture I cry and I feel like it is one of the most cherished pictures that I have (along with the pictures that we have of Clairisa).

It is funny how experiences can completely change your perspective. Now as I look at pregnant women around me I think that they are the most beautiful women in the world! My other two pregnancies were completely normal, and although I saw what my sister went through with her premature babies, I had no idea what it was like to have a high-risk pregnancy. It is so incredibly scary and like I said before, it has completely changed my perspective on pregnancy. What a blessing it is to be a woman and a mother, especially the mother of three beautiful little girls, one who is completely perfect. At Clairisa's graveside service, my dad sang the familiar primary song, "I am a Child of God", but he changed the lyrics a little. Here is how he sang it...

I am a child of God and He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.
Lead them, guide them, walk beside them,
help them find the way.
Teach them all that they must do to live with me someday.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

It is a great blessing to be a Mother. To be a Mother of a perfect child. Perfect and waiting to be with you. Their Mother. The love of their life. --I wish I'd had a blog when we lost Hollis. What a sweet way to change I am a Child of God.

canihavethisdance said...

Melissa, Thank you for sharing your tender sweet feelings and testimony. You are a great strength to me and I know many others. I love the words that your dad changed in the song.
What a blessing to know that we will live after this life. You have been blessed with such a strong and supportive family.
Our prayers are continually with you and Cory and your families at this time.

Melissa said...

Melissa
I admire your strength so much. You are such a wonderful example of a women of faith, even in the darkest hour. I love you tons, and wish you the very best.

Amber said...

You are so brave and inspiring. Thanks for sharing the picture. I'm so glad you didn't delete it too. You amaze me in so many ways. I love you!

Lisa said...

i love you so much melissa! the picture is beautiful. let me know if there is anything that i can do for you.

MANDY said...

i love you, and you have been in my thoughts and prayers...i just haven't had internet for awhile. thank you for sharing.

Blog Archive