Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our Little Ladybug





While I was in the hospital, Cory and a whole bunch of his good friends had been working on a big surprise for me. They had been painting and putting up a border in Clairisa's room. Once we realized that we would no longer need that room as a nursery, Cory told me what he'd done and then asked if I wanted him to paint over it. He thought it might be too hard to see it. I did not want him to change a thing. The first time I went into the room was after the graveside service. Cory and I went in together and just sat and cried in each other's arms. It was one of the most beautiful rooms I'd ever been in. We decided to let the girls have Clairisa's room and use the other room as their toy room/guest room. They couldn't be more excited.

My sister had been in on this whole project because Cory called her and asked her if she'd help him with the decorating part of it. Andrea had planned a baby shower for me with all of our friends in Texas and together they were going to make a crib quilt out of the material at Baby's R' Us that matched the ladybug border. She also made a ladybug picture frame, a decorated box, flowers, etc. The baby shower was planned for the Saturday that they delivered Clairisa.

Every time I see a ladybug I just cannot help but think of my little Clairisa who was a tiny little bug who came into my life here on earth for a short time and then flew back to her heavenly home. I found the following poem on the internet and then I changed some of the lines to make it fit better.


LITTLE LADYBUG

Little ladybug
Sweet little ladybug
Where are you going now?

You start to fly,
While I must try
To turn away somehow......

In my heart there's a place for you
That will never go away,
Please know my love will continue
With every passing day.

I know that I can't keep you
There are other lives for you to please
So you shall fly away, then
To tend to others needs

It would be wrong to keep you here
And not let you be free ~
For your Father is waiting,
And someday together we will be.

~ Anonymous

4 comments:

Lisa said...

it's beautiful! what a sweet poem! you have such a wonderful husband and family that takes such good care of you. i am so happy that you are always surrounded by loving friends and family.

Melissa said...

Thankyou for sharing such a sweet post with us. I love the poem. I too am grateful you have such a sweet and thoughtful husband & family & friends to be there for you.

Amber said...

I am so glad that you have those pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I don't think that any of us can see or think of a ladybug without thinking or "our sweet little Clairisa bug." Love you!

MANDY said...

how awesome is your husband and your sister,too? thank you for sharing that, mel. i'll think of your sweet baby now, too, when i see a ladybug.

Blog Archive