Saturday, May 06, 2006

So I know you all have been dying to know....my rolls were incredible!!! We had so much fun last night. They invited the new mall manager and his family to come over also. The husband and wife are both from College Station, Texas. The wife looks exactly like a Texas girl, she is very cute and friendly. We hit it off really well and we have a lot in common. She has two boys that are almost exactly the same ages as Katelund and Cloey. She doesn't know anybody here yet. I invited her to come to playgroup each week and I got really brave and asked her if they had found a church yet. She said that she is Methodist, but I am going to call and invite her to come with us on Mother's Day. Sherrie and I also invited one of our friends, Erin, (she works at the Goodwill) to come to church with us the same week. I really need to have some kind of missionary experience before Logan gets home in about 4 weeks.

Speaking of Mother's Day, I am in charge of the Mother's Day gift that is given out during Sacrament Mtg. I kindof volunteered for it b/c I want to give the mother's a flower with a tag attached that says, "Oh, Mother I give you my love with this flower". Does anybody know where that line is from? It is from the song that the primary kids will be singing....any guesses?....it is Abby's favorite song? The answer is....actually I am going to wait and see if any of you know it. (Andrea, you cannot play!!) Anyways, I am trying to find 100 gerber daisies. I tried to order them online from Sams but they won't deliver it any earlier than the 15th. I am thinking of buying potted flowers from a nursery. What do ya'll think? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

For a Mother's Day recently (one or two ago) we bought small flowers from Lowe's and small terra cotta pots (you can sometimes get them 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby) and planted the flowers in them. I think that we had also tied a message around them with raffia. I don't remember exactly, though. Maybe mom will.

becky said...

Does that line come from I Often Go Walking ? I guess I could go look it up but Ethan is here and he wants to "sit on your lap and look at pictures of my mommy" got to go for now

Blog Archive