Friday, May 05, 2006

Another week has come and gone. Just one more week and a couple of days and we will be in the great state of Texas.

Last night Cory and I went to the temple. It was such a great night!!! I don't know why but I was somewhat emotional through parts of the endownment. I just was really touched by a couple of new things that I learned and/or now understand better. It is always so wonderful to look over across the room and see the love of my life looking at me all in white. We have this thing that we do whenever we are in a session together. We look over at each other periodically and wink. I know that sounds so cheesy but it melts my heart everytime!!!

Tonight we are going over to our friends house for a goodbye party. They are moving to Tennessee in a couple of weeks. We love their family so much!! Cory and I go over to their house almost every Sunday night and play Rook with them. We are going to miss them so much!! In fact, Jim is trying to get Cory to work for his company. He just got promoted up to the corporate office and he thinks that Cory would do great in his business. Cory gave him a resume to take to one of the main guys in CBL but we'll see what happens.

In fact, Jim flew out to Dallas on Wednesday to give a presentation and then he went to the Rangers game. Last night at the temple (all the stake leaders and their spouse went to the temple last night together since stake conference is this weekend) I told Jim that my parents were probably at that game also. Don't ya'll have season tickets?

Anyways, I am making rolls and mashed potatoes to take over tonight. I am going to make mom's homemade rolls. I just got back from running so I really need to get "rolling" (do you get it? Rolling the dough? LOL).

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah, we pretty much got it from the quotations! :) But thank you for explaining it... but those of us who might be a little slow!

Andrea said...

Man, I wish I could edit comments after they are posted...

[In the above comment, please replace the word but (the one right after the ellipses) with the word for. Thank you for your cooperation. Some of us are a little slow.]

becky said...

Dad and I weren't at the game he had bishop stuff he had to do but we do have season tickets. A wink and a smile is what dad and I do at church during sacrament meeting each week to say hi and I love you. 99% of the time that is the first time that I had seen him since I kissed him good-bye early in the morning. I don't usually see him during the first two hours of church isn't that kind of wierd. I know he is there but just don't see him, sometimes I see him from a distance. All of this to say no I don't think it is cheesey, we do the same thing and I think it is amazing.

Katie Bear said...

haha, That reminds me of the song, "A Wink and a Smile". it's cute.

Blog Archive