Monday, June 15, 2009

Randomness

This weekend Cory and I had so much fun playing in our stake softball tournament. I actually hit the ball everytime I got up to bat. Cory said to me on the way home, "Wow honey, you actually played really well." Thanks honey. I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not. Apparently he had forgotten that I used to play fast pitch softball (so what if I was 10 and never won a game).

Yesterday was Amber's (my sister-in-law) birthday. Today is my mom's birthday and my younger sister, Katie's birthday. Tomorrow is my older sister, Andrea's birthday and this weekend is Father's Day. As a little girl I used to hate this week of the year because everyone was celebrated but me. I'm sure I made their birthday's miserable as I would pout around the house. One year my Grandma sent me a present (some white sandals) so that I would not feel so bad. It made Andrea so mad.

I hope they all have a wonderful birthday! I love each one of them with all my heart!!

So I have really been into geneology lately. I caught the bug and I'm loving it. I'm especially loving all of the attention I'm getting from my Dad. :) I think that's the best part.

This week I'm going to girls camp! I'm way excited! In this ward they camp in cabins, so that makes me even more excited to go!

I am about to finish book 4 of a really great series. The first book is called The Covenant. The author is Beverly Lewis. It is all about an amish family and community. SO GOOD!!! I strongly recommed it!

Today is my cleaning day...which is why I am still writing on my blog. I hate getting started, that is always the hardest part for me. I guess I'll just have to blare my music and make myself do it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that is really cool about camp cause this week is girl camp tooo here wow!!! Have fun!!!!

Marian said...

Melissa,

I LOVED the Covenant too!

Funny what we pout about as kids that we realize we regret later:)

Aren't you lucky you were highlighted as the ONLY one celebrated in your month!

Sherrie said...

Girls camp?? What? who will be tending my granddaughters? I thought that was my job? Oh, I see out of sight, out of tending jobs. Ouch.
Love mother in law by the beach

MANDY said...

Have fun at Girls Camp, and way to go with the softball! I'm jealous. I haven't gotten to play since in between when Bethany and Mallory were born. I'm the same way about cleaning... I always seem to have to do my bills and other things before I can get to the household chores.

Whyzzerd said...

Hey! We have girls camp going on right now (I snuck away for a day, but I'm going back tomorrow) The YCL's were all chit chatting when someone mentioned how much they miss you (I think it was Amanda) and then everyone else chipped in and talked about how much they miss you and wanted you to move back!

Blog Archive